Overview: afb (African Finance Business) is a consumer finance providing ethical credit services to those who require it most. We provide rapidly accessible and affordable unsecured loans with strict affordability criteria to prevent unmanageable debt.
Our customers are mainly small businesses and entrepreneurs who use our credit to grow their businesses and provide for the unforeseen.
Our customers are our partners. We operate in their markets through 6-man micro branches to provide tailored relationship-based services.
Our vision is to become the number one retail finance firm in Africa by offering the best services in terms of accessibility, affordability, value and customer experience.
afb seeks to recruit for the following vacant position
?Responsibility 1 – Credit Policy and Process
- Maintain business unit lending policies and recommend changes
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit’s services through regular review and improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
?Responsibility 2 – Float Management
- Manage and control disbursement capital on mobile money platforms
- Set up and provide reports on key financial indicators as required
?Responsibility 3 – Sales & Collections
- Ensure KPIs are consistently achieved
- Oversees the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies
?Responsibility 4 – Strategic Analysis
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including recommending and executing initiatives geared toward operational excellence
- Recommend and support strategic alliances geared at growing the brand, expanding market share and reducing exposure to defaults
- An undergraduate Degree
- A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Business Acumen
- Operations/Finance/Management/Business based qualification
Experience & Competencies
- 5 and above years of experience working in a similar/related role in a microfinance or financial institution
- Experience in Sales and Marketing
- Must be a process person
- Strong strategic focus for business planning
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong client service orientation
If you are interested and meet the above requirements and competencies, kindly send your cv and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position applied for firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications MUST bear OPERATIONS MANAGER as the subject header