Jacaranda Health Cooks and Cleaners Jobs in Kenya
Jacaranda Health is a new venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
In 2011 we launched mobile clinic services providing antenatal care at community sites around northeastern Nairobi. Today, we are seeking to fill several positions in our first fixed maternity clinic in Nairobi (just before Ruiru town).
Specifically, we seek experienced, motivated staff to work with us in two positions:
- Cooks to prepare a variety of high-quality food for our patients and staff, maintain the kitchen area, and ensure a consistent stock of food
- Cleaners to maintain a clean facility, follow procedures on infection control and waste disposal, dispose of both medical and general waste, and transport and wash soiled linens
We seek individuals who are organized, flexible, personable, and have strong commitments to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare meals, snacks, and tea as assigned for Jacaranda patients and staff
- Provide a schedule of a variety of nutritious meals over the course of each week
- Develop relationships with local food suppliers and ensure consistent food stocks
- Maintain the kitchen environment
- Assist with light cleaning and/or laundry duties
- Any other duties as required
- Ensure consistent cleanliness of the facility, of both general waste and medical waste
- Clean and sterilize in-patient areas of the facility following deliveries and other patient procedures
- Transport soiled linens to the laundry, wash, dry, and restock
- Sterilize equipment as assigned
- Any other duties as required, such as stocking routine items and assisting in transport patients around the facility
The desired candidate should possess the following:
- Completed secondary school education (certificate in food and beverage preparation preferred for cooks)
- At least three years’ work experience
- Required: At least 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role (cook, cleaner, laundry, etc.) in a health facility. Preference given for experience working in busy hospitals or maternities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Willingness to work night shifts as needed
- Knowledge and familiarity with communities in Eastlands
please also submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
We anticipate that the salary for this position will be approximately KSH 15,000 gross, inclusive of all allowances.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered. No calls please.
Your application must be received by Wednesday, February 28th, 2012.
44 total views, 1 today