IT Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Our programmes focus on community based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management.
Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Role: Provide technical IT and Information Management Support to the Regional Office and the
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the management and administration of all the servers within VSF Belgium.
- Participating in the definition, designing, testing and implementation of new IT hardware and software standards for VSF Belgium.
- Manage all the databases that run in the main server.
- Responsible for the management of databack-ups in regional office and field location.
- Manage the VSFB helpdesk in the Nairobi and Field Offices by giving comprehensive technical support
- Responsible for all the I.T related equipment and records.
- Responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting the area networks within VSF Belgium.
- Manage the antivirus application within the organization.
- Train and capacity build the staff on basic I.T skills.
- Participation in I.T related procurements and tender committees within VSF Belgium.
- Maintenance of the VSF Belgium Document Management systems (DMS).
- Participate in the development of VSF Belgium I.T policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to by all users.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant legislations e.g. copyright and intellectual property.
- Participation in project proposal planning and development.
- Coordinate the development of the knowledge management within VSF Belgium.
Education: University Degree in IT related field
Knowledge and experience
- At least 3 years relevant working experience.
- Applicants with Professional Certificates such as MCSE and MSQL 2005 are highly desirable.
- Microsoft windows 2003/2008 server/MS Exchange Server 2003/2007/ ISA server 2006.
- Extensive knowledge of PC hardwaresoftware support, configuration and troubleshooting;
- Extensive knowledge of Networking (LAN)
- Knowledge of client server technology and general network connectivity and maintenance issues (e.g., servers, switches, routers, Ethernet cabling, PABX support)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Team player
- Identifies with the mission, vision and values of VSF-B
- Display of intercultural sensitivity
- Affinity for NGO work in general
- Willingness to travel regularly
How to apply
Please send your application (reference “IT Manager”), CV and 3 references (one must be your current employer), by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th March 2012
36 total views, 1 today