IT Jobs in Kenya , Audit and Procurement Recruitment 2012
The Women Enterprise Fund is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency under the Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Development.
The Fund was established under the Government Financial Management (Women Enterprise Fund) Regulations in 2007. It is a flagship project under the social pillar in Vision 2030.
The Fund’s vision is “to socially and economically empower Kenyan women entrepreneurs for economic development”, and her mission is “to mobilize resources and offer access to affordable credit and business support services to women entrepreneurs”.
The Fund seeks to recruit dynamic and energetic Kenyans of unquestionable integrity who are passionate and committed to the cause of women empowerment and gender equality, in the following open positions:-
1. Deputy Manager, Information Communication Technology
Reporting to the Chief Executive/Director, the Deputy Manager- Information communication technology will be responsible for:
* Formulation, implementation and coordination of ICT policies, strategies and programmes in the Fund; keeping up to date with emerging information communication technological trends
* Monitoring and evaluating ICT programmes and policies
* Ensuring timely implementation of ICT standards in line with the needs of the Fund and effective maintenance of ICT systems
* Preparation of ICT status reports and ensuring professional standards and guidelines are adhered to
* Have the responsibility for the budget and staff management within the department
* Degree in Computer Science OR Mathematics with a bias in computer science, from a recognized University
* Masters degree in Computer Science or any other Information Communication Technology related discipline from a recognized Institution
* Served satisfactorily in a comparable position in a reputable organization for at least four years
* Qualifications in database management e.g. SQL server, MCSE, web design & management
* Demonstrated a high level of professional competence and outstanding management qualities in computerised information systems
* A thorough understanding of the mission, vision and strategies of the Women Enterprise Fund, and the ability to interpret and apply the role of ICT in the achievements of the Fund’s strategies and objectives.
2. Assistant Manager, Supply Chain Management
Reporting to the Chief Executive/Director, the Assistant Manager Supply Chain Management will be responsible for all aspects of procurement for the Fund and will head the procurement unit of the Fund.
Specific responsibilities will be:
* Initiating policy on procurement
* Reviewing, updating, interpreting and implementing existing procurement policies, regulations and procedures
* Coordinating the preparation of and the implementation of procurement manual
* Conducting market research
* Preparing procurement plans; carrying out internal monitoring and evaluation; assessing and measuring the performance of suppliers and contractors
* Introducing modern inventory management techniques and approaches
* Disposal of unserviceable stores, general welfare, supervising training and development of staff
* Prepare and submit written reports on procurement issues
* Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Supplies Management option) or bachelors degree in Business Administration or their equivalent qualification from a from a recognized institution
* Masters degree in Supplies Management from a recognized institution
* Served satisfactorily in a comparable position in a reputable organization for at least three years
* Thorough understanding of the National goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to the procurement function
* Shown merit and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results
* Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of Public Procurement and Disposal Act
* Good leadership and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in computer applications
* Must be registered with the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
3. Senior Audit and Risk Management Officer
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Audit and Risk Management Officer will be responsible for:
* Undertaking specific audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports
* Assisting in carrying out institutional risk evaluation and efficiency audit
* Conducting financial and systems audit
* Assisting in ensuring compliance with tax regulations and other statutory requirements
* Carrying out review of accounting, financial and budgetary systems
* Developing and updating internal audit manual
* Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting/Finance option) from a recognized university / institution
* At least four years experience in a comparable position in a reputable institution
* Full Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA/CPA(K) and be a member of a professional body
* CIA & CISA certifications will be an added advantage.
* Proficiency in using Microsoft office applications and preferably Computer Aided Auditing techniques (CAATs)
* Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills
* The candidate should be prepared to travel on assignments
The Fund will offer competitive market rate salary package to successful applicants.
Employment will be on contract terms of 3 years, renewable.
Interested candidates are required to submit detailed curriculum vitae accompanied with copies of testimonials and certificates, addressed to:-
The Chief Executive Officer / Director
Women Enterprise Fund
P. O. Box 17126 – 00100
So as to reach us on or before 27th January, 2012.
The envelopes should clearly indicate the position applied for.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing prior to or after the interviews will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women Enterprise Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
“When you empower a woman, you empower a family and a whole nation”.
- auditing jobs in nairobi 2012
- Information Systems & Technology AUDIT TRAINEESHIP 2012 in kenya
- 2012 IT jobs in kenya
- 2012 JOB VACNCIES IN NAIROBI KENYA
- DEGREE JOBS IN KENYA FOR COMPSCIENCE AS AT 2012
- latest procurement jobs in kenya 2012
- supplies and procurement management trainees 2012 kenya
32 total views, 1 today