International Institute for Rural Reconstruction: Regional Coordinator
IIRR is well reputed for its knowledge management capacity through documentation of best development-oriented practices, and is seeking to strengthen livelihood learning activities across Africa through The Virtual Livelihoods School of Africa initiative by appointing a Southern Africa Sub-Region – Regional Coordinator.
- Identify, develop partnerships and lead participation in livelihood activities in Southern Africa;
- Direct the design/production and packaging of school development activities and learning materials using diverse formats
- Organize and deliver workshop activities and facilitate online training on the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources and technologies to support livelihood learning;
- Work with the Nairobi office, Board and Country staff to develop strategies for institutionalizing and implementing Virtual learning.
- Provide application expertise, training and support development of livelihood learning instructional strategies, course materials, among others;
- Work with Board, thematic groups to develop topics for learning activities.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the online training portal; promote online training efforts through social media and other client contact points.
- Together with the local boards/ task force supervise and appraise the VLSA officers in Mozambique and South Africa;
- Coordinate development and funding of programs to provide continuing livelihood promotion and market development initiatives;
- Design a sustainable model for the systematic collection, storage and retrieval of existing and new information for easy access and use by practitioners, students and researchers;
- Gather requirements and feedback from e learners; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Economics, IT, Business Management or related qualification.
- 7 years working experience in Government, NGO, Learning Institutions or Private Sector implementing livelihood promotion/enhancement projects including facilitation, fund raising and management; of which work experience in the sub-region (Mozambique, Zimbabwe and South Africa) is a requirement.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and skill in the area of integrated software systems and Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills in English.
- A working knowledge of Portuguese would be an added advantage.
Human Resources and Administration Officer,
International Institute for Rural Reconstruction,
Africa Regional Center, P. O. Box 66873-00800, Nairobi,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
43 total views, 1 today