Internal Audit Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
British – American is a leading, public listed, diversified financial services group with global presence.
Our vision is to be your most trusted financial services partner.
We offer superior life insurance, general insurance, pensions and asset management services to individuals, business corporations and non-governmental organizations in Kenya, Uganda and South Sudan.
As part of our growth strategy we are seeking to fill the following position with a high caliber, proactive and self driven individual who can apply his/her knowledge, skills and experience and contribute to the achievement of our mission to provide outstanding financial services to our customer.
Group Internal Audit Manager
Nature and Scope
This is a high level position which reports administratively to the Group Managing Director and functionally to the Board Audit Committee.
The jobholder is in charge of the Internal Audit Function within the Group and is responsible for improving the Group’s accounting, administrative and internal controls and ensuring compliance with the laid down policies and procedures as well as compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure there is an updated Audit Committee Charter and an Internal Audit Charter duly approved by the Audit Committee and the Board Of Directors;
- Develop a risk based Annual Audit Plan for approval by the Audit Committee;
- Implement the annual audit plan and provide a report to the Audit Committee at the end of the financial year;
- Design and implement appropriate audit programs to deliver high quality internal audit services;
- Review the audit working papers and draft audit reports prepared by the internal audit staff to ensure high quality is maintained;
- Supervise the internal audit staff;
- Ensure that all income due to the businesses is properly accounted for, company assets are safeguarded and customer complaints are handled promptly;
- Ensure compliance with all the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- The position entails frequent travel to branches within Kenya and operations outside the country;
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting Option) or any other relevant Degree;
- Be a holder and member in good standing of ICPAK, ACCA, ACA or any other recognized professional accounting qualification;
- At least 5 years relevant experience gained either in a major professional accounting firm or other big commercial organization;
- Computer literate (MS Office) with experience in auditing computerized environments;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining how you would meet the demands of this position giving full names, contacts and e-mail address of 3 referees to email@example.com.
Hard copies will not be accepted.
Applications should be received not later than Tuesday 4th September 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
55 total views, 1 today