ICT Officer/Technician Job Vacancy in Kenya
- Diploma in Information Technology/Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology
- At least 3 – 4years of progressively responsible job related experience in IT systems management and deployment
- Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet etc
- Recognized IT vocational qualifications such as Networking, Server+, MICROS
- Result oriented and can work under pressure, Can work odd hours, and deliver on deadline.
- Ability and interest in researching and learning new technologies
- A good understanding of other IT skills including hardware and networking will be an added advantage
- Conversant with ERP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide planning, developmental, operational, management, and other specialized technical (IT) support for the smooth operation of the organization’s information systems and its flow by means of computer processing and
- communications technologies
- Design and supervise installation and maintenance of local and wide area
- networks both wired and wireless
- Assist with preparation of operational plans and identify resource requirements
- Recommend standards for hardware and software acquisition in relation to long
- range needs and capability requirements
- Guide procurement with the necessary technical specifications during purchase
- of ICT equipment according to standards and least cost in keeping with rules and regulations and ascertain that the correct services have been rendered in a timely manner
- Knowledge of electronic theory and practice as applied to the installation, maintenance and repair of computers and related equipment
- In consultation with the management, contribute with budget input with specific reference to hardware and software requirements and ensure that funds are available
- Analyze statistics and network traffic patterns identifying areas of improvement and recommend potential solutions
- Participates in developing and maintaining Information Systems
- Monitor the performance and reliability of equipment and recommend replacement or modification of existing hardware and facilities; control physical security of data processing and storage facilities including standby and recovery procedures; plan and test back-up facilities in the event of computer equipment failure and coordinate the institution of re-run procedures; assign priorities for data processing operational services, establish procedures for and control the maintenance of operational data, incidence logs and statistics
- Ensure security of the network is maintained to safeguard against viruses and other threats by using licensed antivirus software
- Liaise with Departmental heads for the creation of new Email users and/or amendments according to movement of staff in and out of the company
- Carry out research and identify new software and hardware and propose recommendations as required so as to improve/upgrade system performance; install technology upgrades as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the management
If you meet the above requirements please email your CV (with 3 referees) and cover letter to vacancies.hr.@yahoo.com by 27th December 2012 indicating your current remuneration.
Applications without salary details shall not be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
223 total views, 1 today