ICT Officer/Technician Job Vacancy in Kenya
- Diploma in Information Technology/Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology
- At least 3 – 4years of progressively responsible job related experience in IT systems management and deployment
- Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet etc
- Recognized IT vocational qualifications such as Networking, Server+, MICROS
- Result oriented and can work under pressure, Can work odd hours, and deliver on deadline.
- Ability and interest in researching and learning new technologies
- A good understanding of other IT skills including hardware and networking will be an added advantage
- Conversant with ERP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide planning, developmental, operational, management, and other specialized technical (IT) support for the smooth operation of the organization’s information systems and its flow by means of computer processing and
- communications technologies
- Design and supervise installation and maintenance of local and wide area
- networks both wired and wireless
- Assist with preparation of operational plans and identify resource requirements
- Recommend standards for hardware and software acquisition in relation to long
- range needs and capability requirements
- Guide procurement with the necessary technical specifications during purchase
- of ICT equipment according to standards and least cost in keeping with rules and regulations and ascertain that the correct services have been rendered in a timely manner
- Knowledge of electronic theory and practice as applied to the installation, maintenance and repair of computers and related equipment
- In consultation with the management, contribute with budget input with specific reference to hardware and software requirements and ensure that funds are available
- Analyze statistics and network traffic patterns identifying areas of improvement and recommend potential solutions
- Participates in developing and maintaining Information Systems
- Monitor the performance and reliability of equipment and recommend replacement or modification of existing hardware and facilities; control physical security of data processing and storage facilities including standby and recovery procedures; plan and test back-up facilities in the event of computer equipment failure and coordinate the institution of re-run procedures; assign priorities for data processing operational services, establish procedures for and control the maintenance of operational data, incidence logs and statistics
- Ensure security of the network is maintained to safeguard against viruses and other threats by using licensed antivirus software
- Liaise with Departmental heads for the creation of new Email users and/or amendments according to movement of staff in and out of the company
- Carry out research and identify new software and hardware and propose recommendations as required so as to improve/upgrade system performance; install technology upgrades as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the management
If you meet the above requirements please email your CV (with 3 referees) and cover letter to vacancies.hr.@yahoo.com by 27th December 2012 indicating your current remuneration.
Applications without salary details shall not be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
110 total views, 1 today