ICAP NGO Job Vacancies in Nairobi
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and the Ministry of Medical Services to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services at provincial and district health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Applications are invited for the following positions:
Title: Director of Strategic Information and Research
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with travel to ICAP sites in Kenya
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Country Director, ICAP Kenya, the Director of Strategic Information and Research will direct and coordinate all routine monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and research activities within ICAP Kenya.
- Overall coordination of ICAP-Kenya routine M&E activities across programmatic areas, including HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV, counseling and testing programs, palliative care, cervical cancer, prevention in care and treatment settings, and adherence support. This includes strengthening paper-based and electronic M&E tools at all levels (facility, district, and national), developing and implementing data management and quality assurance procedures at all levels, ensuring timely and efficient flow of data from facility to regional office to central office and to the ICAP/CU-New York SI Unit, and strengthening data analysis and regular feedback to the technical and leadership team and the ICAP regional teams and sites.
- Provide technical direction for and supervise the SI team in the Nairobi office, and co-supervise SI staff at regional office to implement routine M&E activities, which will include developing and revising M&E plan(s) and staff workplans, and ensuring adequate allocation of resources for facilities and regional offices.
- Lead efforts to build capacity of provincial, district, and facility teams to improve national M&E systems including the national DHIS, using data for program improvement and timeliness of reporting.
- Oversee adaptation and implementation of DHIS as ICAP’s internal aggregate database. This includes ensuring all M&E staff are trained to use the system; overseeing database customization, data entry, quality assurance and development of useful outputs from the database including charts, graphs and pivot tables.
- Ensure all ICAP reporting obligations are fulfilled, including the generation of semi-annual and annual progress reports, training reports and other reports as assigned.
- Generate and track ICAP-Kenya targets for facilities and regions.
- Perform data analysis and presentation for presentations and reports and coordinate the writing of abstracts and scientific papers
- Manage all ICAP research activities including developing concept sheets and proposals for new research projects, developing protocols and data collection instruments; project tracking; hiring and training of research staff including study coordinators, interviewers, and data entry clerks; obtaining CU, local and other ethical approvals; developing analysis plans, and as appropriate, conducting analyses and drafting publications
- Routine communications with key stakeholders, such as Ministries of Health, CDC, USAID and other implementing partners on M&E related issues.
- Represent ICAP/CU-Kenya in national and international for meetings related to monitoring and evaluation
- Masters level degree in public health, (epidemiology, biostatistics, health services, maternal and child health) or any other relevant social science required (PhD/MD preferred).
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- At least 5 years professional experience planning, evaluating and implementing health programs, HIV program and research activities.
- Program development, project management and research experience.
- Field-oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation and able to manage multiple major activities simultaneously.
- High-level computer skills, including ability to rapidly process and analyze data using MS Excel and statistical packages
- Leadership and management skills
- Proven communication and negotiation skills
- Medical degree an advantage
- Excellent writing skills and communication abilities in both English and Swahili
- High-level computer skills, including ability to rapidly process and analyze data using a standard statistical package.
- Advanced knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring.
Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Evaluation
Location: Nairobi with travel to ICAP sites
Overall Job Function:
To provide technical support in the planning and implementation of Evaluation and Research activities within ICAP HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in coordination with the Kenyan Ministries of Health.
The Senior M&E Officer is accountable for the planning and conduct of evaluation and research development of tools and training.
S/he will also be responsible for analysis of data for key conference presentations and manuscripts.
In coordination with the Country Director and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation and Research, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Evaluation and Research) is responsible for MER activities in particular:
- Facilitate and offer technical support in planning and implementing of evaluation and research activities, including protocol design, implementation, data collection, data analysis and reporting writing.
- Provide technical support and guidance to study coordinators at all stages of the evaluation and research.
- Build and support multi-disciplinary teams required for the conduct of the evaluation and research.
- Complete and compile all necessary research documentation and information to gain appropriate regulatory and ethical approval.
- Ensure adherence to research methodology and evaluation standards, and ethical protocols.
- Identifying research and evaluation staff capacity building needs, facilitating access to capacity building opportunities, and providing training and mentorship.
- To lead design and analysis of data for key conference presentations and manuscripts.
- Contribute to the development of ICAP Program/MER strategy, methodology and processes.
- Perform study
- Advanced Degree in epidemiology and/or medical statistics.
- At least 5 years experience in evaluation and research.
- Strong statistical data analysis skills in the health field.
- Preference will be given to those with medical background.
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP [email protected] before 13th October 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- info@icapkenya org
- contact icap cu loc:US
- ngo public health jobs in nairobi kenya 2013
- ngo jobs in kenya 2013 icap
- jobs at icap in kenya
- info icap cu loc:US
- icap vacancies in kenya
- icap ngo data jobs october 2013
- icap kenya jobs job vacancies
- ICAP HTC/Counselling jo opportunities
- ICAP HTC JOBS
- ICAP HTC job opportuinities july 2013
- ICAP current HTC and counselling job opportunities in 2013
- icap address kenya
- ngo sites for vacancies in kenya
209 total views, 1 today