ICAP: Healthcare NGO Vacancies in Nairobi / Nyanza / Eastern Kenya
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following positions:
1. PMTCT / Pediatric Advisor
Overall Job function:
The PMTCT/Pediatric Advisor will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of PMTCT activities within ICAP-supported facilities in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
He/she will supervise regional PMTCT Advisors and will report to the Director of Programs.
In addition he/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall direction for the Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programming as well as providing strong leadership to a team of implementers working with the facilities.
- To oversee the planning and implementation of PMTCT in ICAP supported facilities.
- To provide on-going technical support and supervision to regional PMTCT officers who will in turn provide technical support to facilities in the implementation of PMTCT activities.
- To participate in the PMTCT/Paediatric technical working groups in the Ministry of health, National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP)
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Pediatric Care and Treatment services at ICAP-supported facilities.
- To develop a standard package of Paediatric HIV care services and ensure its implementation in ICAP supported facilities
- Specialist degree in pediatrics
- More at least 5 years experience in the implementation of PMTCT activities
Location: Nyanza / Eastern
Overall Job Function:The officer will plan and perform day-to-day implementation of HIV care and TB/HIV treatment services at facilities
- Planning and implementation of HIV care and treatment services and TB/HIV activities at facilities
- Provide on-going supervision of HIV care and treatment and TB/HIV programs
- Co-ordinate mentorship of facility staff
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of HIV and TB/HIV programs
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Degree or Diploma in Medicine Experience with HIV programming
- Familiarity with district-level health care programs in Kenya
- Clinical experience of HIV medicine
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
58 total views, 1 today