Human Resources Officer
Stationed in Nairobi and reporting to the Human Resources Manager, s/he will provide support to all aspects of the human resources function by ensuring the availability of a competent and well-motivated staff throughout the Country Programme in line with our policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration and implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the required results.
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of AMREF HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in the design and implementation of organisational change processes needed to achieve organisational goals
- Assist in manpower planning and staffing within the country programme with a focus on diversity.
- Co-ordinate staff performance including induction, probation and the annual performance evaluation.
- Support training and development activities including planning and delivering within the Country Programme.
- Administration of payroll and benefits
- Provide information on payroll action as per set guidelines
- Fostering a workplace environment consistent with the organisation’s values, mission and vision.
- Assist in ensuring AMREF’s compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its HR resources.
The ideal candidate should have a first degree in social sciences or related discipline and post graduate qualification in HR.
Four (4) years experience in human resource management in a busy environment.
S/he should have a detailed understanding, knowledge and experience in the HR functional areas and in the application of statutory and labour laws and of best practices in HR. Working knowledge of HRMIS is an added advantage.
In addition, the candidate should have excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring better health for Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/HR/028/2011) in the email subject matter, send your up-dated CV and an application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF in Kenya by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for submitting applications is September 27, 2011.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.