Human Resources and Administration Officer Recruitment Kenya
Human Resources and Administration Officer at Habitat for Humanity in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Habitat for Humanity Kenya, a Christian Non-Governmental Organization with a mission of eliminating poor housing and homelessness, wishes to recruit the following position to support its growth and expansion.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Other Reporting Relationships: National Director on HR
Email Application code: HRO-2011-1
Purpose of the Position
The Human Resource and Administration Officer assists the National Director and the Finance and Administration Manager in the administrative management of the talent pool within HFH Kenya and in ensuring that staff receive administrative and HR support and assistance as they implement the mission and vision of the organization of ensuring that every person has a decent place to live in.
Human Resource Management
- In consultation with departmental heads, assist in the development of detailed Job Descriptions and the recruitment of new or replacement positions in the organization.
- Oversee the entire recruitment process once approval for recruitment has been issued. This will include placement of the adverts, receiving of applications, first level short listing and forwarding the same to the relevant departmental head(s) for the final short listing, contacting candidates and organizing interviews and seeking for references of successful candidates.
- Manage and provide direction to staff with respect to general personnel policies and procedures. Develop, implements and maintain policies, procedures and programs in order to assure cohesiveness and effectiveness.
- Under the direction of the National Director and regional human resource department, manage the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs including job evaluations and salary reviews and administration.
- Prepare orientation materials for new staff coming into the organization and organize for their detailed orientation into the organization.
- Maintain the files of all staff, ensuring that they have all the relevant documentation.
- Working with departmental heads, ensure that regular performance reviews are done and filing the same in the relevant staff files.
- Working with departmental heads, identify training opportunities for staff and facilitate the training of the same through sourcing for qualified trainers and institutions.
- Working with departmental heads, identify areas for further training for staff, track the training received and its application in enabling the organization achieve its mandate
- Maintain leave schedules for staff, ensuring that staff take leave when due.
- Under the direction of the National Director, regularly update the organizational structure.
- Ensure that both National and Regional Office staff have all facilities they need to effectively carry out their duties.
- Specifically, receive and work with the procurement committee and the finance department to ensure timely purchase of supplies and services needed for the proper running of the organization.
- Keeping accurate records of minutes and other reports of the management and working committees.
- Manage official communication for the organization ensuring timely communication within and without the organization
- Support the Administrative and RDC office in handling the logistics and itineraries of all official functions of the organization staff and the board.
- Minimum education: Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management, Social Sciences
- Should possess excellent organizational skills.
- Hold ability to manage large volumes of work, work long hours and weekends.
- Have excellent public relations and communication skills.
- At least 4 (four) years experience administration and HR management in a busy office in a microfinance or business environment.
Qualified candidates should submit electronic copies of their qualifications to [email protected] by or before 30th November 2011 clearly indicating the code number of the position they are applying for in the subject line of their forwarding e-mails.
Interested candidates should also clearly state their current and expected remuneration.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
88 total views, 1 today