Human Resource & Admin Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) is a Company Limited by guarantee and having no share capital.
It is a leading educational publisher established by the Government of Kenya in 1966 and mandated to advance education and knowledge through competitive publishing and provision of scholarships.
The latter are extended to bright needy secondary school children.
In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of being the top publishing house in Eastern Africa and a leading scholarship provider in Kenya, The Foundation is looking for suitably educated, trained, experienced, self-driven and motivated individuals with exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following vacant positions.
Human Resource & Administration Manager
Job Ref: JKF/HR/HRAM/2012/015
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will ensure effective management of the human resource and administration functions.
- Review, update and recommend revision of HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare and implement the HR & Administration departmental budget.
- Plan and coordinate staff performance appraisals and career development programs.
- Ensure compliance to the local labour laws and government regulations relating to employment.
- Ensure adherence to Company training policies and procedures.
- In liaison with the line managers review job descriptions and reporting structures.
- Effect and remit appropriate statutory and voluntary deductions on a timely basis.
- Administer staff employment benefits including medical, health and safety and welfare schemes.
- Supervise the Human Resource and Administration staff.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Masters degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or any other relevant discipline
- At least 7 years continuous experience as Human Resource and Administration Manager in a busy office preferably in medium to large organization.
- Good understanding of the Laws of Kenya especially those relating to work place issues including Employment, Human Rights, Ethics, Health and Safety, HIV/Aids, and Dispute Resolution.
- Proven ability to supervise and manage a large and diverse team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of well-developed and certified Information and Communication Technology skills especially HRMIS and other relevant programs.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Must be a current professional member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Possession of a Masters in Human Resource Management, Industrial Law, Labour Relations, Corporate Governance or its equivalent will be added advantage.
The position is permanent and pensionable.
Competitive remuneration packages will be offered to successful candidates.
Interested applicants should apply by emailing us a copy of filled-in respective JKF Job Application Forms to: email@example.com.
The Forms are available on our website: www.jkf.co.ke.
Please note that the Application Forms should not be accompanied by testimonials.
The closing date for receipt of the Application Forms is 4th June 2012.
Persons living with HIV/AIDS, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates short listed for interview will be contacted.
The JKF is an equal opportunity employer.
We are ISO 9001: 2008 certified
52 total views, 1 today