HR/Admin Officer Job in Wajir Kenya – Mercy Corps
Human Resource / Administration Officer
Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided $1 billion in assistance to people in 82 nations.
Program / Department Summary:
- Provide oversight to the management of human resources for Mercy Corps programming in Wajir, Northern Kenya;
- Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, remuneration and staff development issues in the Human Resource Development.
- Execute all functions of General Office Management.
- Develop, implement and administer department goals and objectives. Evaluate departmental performance in relation to established goals and budget.
- Administer all HR functions.
- Remain informed, on an ongoing basis, about current and changing HR-related laws, policies and “best practices” to ensure that current and future personnel policies, employment practices, and compensation packages are within the limits of established standards, procedures, guidelines and policies of Mercy Corps, as well as national laws.
- Implement and evaluate the national staff Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual. Recommend new or needed changes to existing personnel policies and practices to senior management.
- Develop, implement and administer effective human resource programs including recruitment, orientation, performance evaluation, career development, training, diversity training, risk management and safety programs.
- Conduct wage and salary surveys, classify positions, create compensation ranges and prepare position descriptions. Coordinate and monitor employee compensation and benefit packages for aptness, equitability and affordability, and to ensure consistency and equity within the organization and appropriate comparability with peer organizations.
- Maintain appropriate records and ensure confidentiality regarding personnel activities and personnel data including employment documentation, evaluations, exit interviews and other relevant information. Periodically audit and archive or destroy dated information, including employee and applicant files, in accordance with national law.
- Monitor employee concerns, complaints, and counseling needs and coordinate internal investigations and hearings with appropriate personnel and management.
- Participate in orientation of new personnel with respect to HR policies and procedures, including remuneration, benefits, and the organizational “work ethic”.
- Coordinate paperwork for consultants and temporary employees.
- Maintain and report employee statistical data, as requested.
- Distribute and collect completed employee timesheets as per organizational policy.
- Ensure all aspect of property management is taken care of in a timely fashion. This includes but does not limit to maintaining adequate records of property lease agreements, maintenance of all MC properties and utilities in Wajir district. Ensure high standard functionality and general cleanliness of MC properties.
- Ensure all communication and office equipment are well-maintained and serviced if required. Maintain copies of all utility and service providers’ invoices/records.
- Serve as focal point in IT related matters.
- Keep updated records of general inventory of MC Wajir, this excludes the MC Wajir assets by definition.
- Track and maintain records of all official correspondence with outside actors, such as local authorities, communities and landlords of properties.
- Make all arrangements (air-tickets, lodging, food, transportation to and from airport) to all MC staff, consultants and visitors for the Wajir district.
- Make sure the hotel tracking system is always up-to-date and vendors get paid in a timely fashion.
- Orient all Wajir staff on the travel policies of MC Kenya and any amendments there may be.
- Maintain records of Travel Approvals and related expenses.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MC Field Administration Manual, MC Kenya Staff Policy Handbook, MC Kenya Travel Policies
- Reports Directly To: Head of Office
- Works Directly With: MC Wajir Program Staff, the Logistics and Finance Departments
- Education at least (BA) or equivalent certificates;
- Advance knowledge of written and spoken English is essential;
- At least 2 years of experience in relevant field, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Demonstrated experience related to position responsibilities with emphasis on Human Resources.
- Able to work simultaneously on various tasks.
- Effective time management skills including priority setting and responding to short notice travel requests.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills including:
- Able to work weekends.
- Experience in supervising staff.
Applicants must clearly indicate on the email subject “Application for the position of “HUMAN RESOURCE / ADMINISTRATION OFFICER”
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
65 total views, 1 today