HR Manager Job Vacancy in Nairobi
A leading company is seeking a HR Manager who will drive and operate all HR functions from the office in Nairobi under the supervision of the General Manager and the Group Associate Director, People and Performance.
The HR Manager will work at 2 levels:
- Local level
- Group level
It is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking for a varied and challenging role in a dynamic environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities
At local level
- Recruitment – producing job descriptions, working with recruitment consultancies, organising interviews, advising on remuneration
- Administration: application of employment laws and regulations, ensuring all Group HR policies are implemented in the local office, updating staff handbooks, contracts, staff memos, and issuing written offers of employment, promotion etc.
- Compensation and benefits: benchmarking, policies and procedures etc.
- Training and development – implementing a staff training programme and identifying suitable courses for staff.
- Performance appraisals – managing cascade of appraisals in line with organisational structure, participating in annual performance appraisals and overseeing completion of all related paperwork
- Advising management team on sensitive HR issues
At Group Level
- Participation in the elaboration of the Group HR strategy
- Recruitment: participation in the recruitment process (database, sourcing, interviews etc.)
- Administration: employees database, implementation of Group level HR policies
- Career development: designing career paths, implementing AP training system and programmes
- Internal Communication: issuing newsletters
- Participation in various ad hoc projects
- Ability to quickly understand how the organisation operates, its business requirements and commercial objectives.
- Ability to work closely with other departments and provide an information resource for both employees and senior management, ability to work with people at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong diplomatic and negotiation skills, especially in sensitive situations
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Outstanding organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Kenyan employment legislation
- Ability to deliver in a multicultural, dynamic and fast paced organisation .
- Education to postgraduate level in Human resources or relevant field
- Legal background an advantage
- 3-4 years relevant experience
- Experience working in cross border, multicultural organisations
- Fluency in English
- There are no prescriptive travel requirements
- Flexibility to travel across the continent
Please send your CV and remuneration package to email@example.com by the 14th June 2012 at 5.00 pm.
Candidates earning more than KES 200,000 need not apply.
Please indicate in the subject matter what position you are applying for.
40 total views, 1 today