HR Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
Our client, a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally wishes to recruit a seasoned Human Resources Manager to drive its people agenda in East Africa.
The HR Manager will be a key member of our clients Management Team. S/he will be accountable for the provision of HR services to the business.
This covers all aspects of the HR spectrum in coordination with the respective subject matter experts at the back end so as to meet the clients present and future business needs, in line with global HR practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the HR function for employees in our clients business. This includes design and implementation of Human Resources programs, processes, policies, strategies and partnering with managers to meet business goals.
- Employee relations champion: Drive employee engagement initiatives resulting in effective employee advocacy.
- Enabler: Coach Managers and employees on subjects such as company processes, policy, career, and leadership.
- Study local Practices and legal nuances to ensure legal compliance, Benefits and practices in line with the industry practice
- Understand training requirements and work with managers to address these
- Onboarding and assimilation of local hires into our clients business culture, policies, processes
- Act as a resource for staff on all issues relating to HR best practice, policies and procedures and provide support in cases where there are difficult issues or disputes
- Facilitate and manage Workplace Relations, two-way communication between management and staff at all levels
- Be the custodian of Employment contracts, regularly update handbooks and process documents
Education & Experience:
Graduate in Human Resources from a premier college, with approximately 7-10 years of work experience.
This position will require approximately 20% travel within Africa and where our client is present.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- High customer orientation
- Demonstrated competence & strong background in employee relations, coaching and talent management
- Proven ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, work in a team environment, recognize trends, and identify systematic approaches to solving problems
- Superior consulting, communication, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills with the ability to adapt style to all levels of management and employees
- Ability to work with diverse teams and good cultural awareness
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Demonstrate initiative and creative thinking
- Exposure to Africa (especially Eastern Africa) will be a big plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an application and full updated CV to [email protected] to be considered for this exciting role.
Please DO NOT attach any Certificates.
Indicate your desired salary on the application letter.
Closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
58 total views, 1 today