HR & Admin Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
RedR UK – Nairobi Office invites applications from Kenyan nationals for the position of Human Resource & Administration Assistant. The details of the position and procedure for application are appended below.
Job title: HR & Administration Assistant
Purpose: To provide HR and Administrative support to the RedR, Nairobi office
RedR and the work we do
Each year millions of people around the world feel the effects of natural disaster and conflict. RedR is an international charity that improves the effectiveness of disaster relief, helping save and rebuild the lives of people affected by disaster worldwide.
The HR and Administration Assistant will provide support to the Programme Support Manager on the day-to-day administration and liaison functions for field office.
- Process payroll, providing for PAYE, NHIF and NSSF to be remitted to the respective Govt. Offices and updating recurrent changes, print out pay slips and distribute.
- Day-to-day accurate data entry of personnel records in the HRIS system, i.e. sick leave, annual leave, R&R, income tax, social insurance, contact and dependant details etc.
- Assist with providing answers to routine HR and Administration queries and follow up with staff on planning and prompt submission of leave forms, time sheets, travel plans, work plans, appraisals etc.
- Follow-up on routine staff medical issues with the Insurance Company i.e. registration forms, medical examinations, medical cards for new members, cancellations and medical reports etc.
- Represent RedR in HR and Administration forums in the absence of the Programme Support Manager.
- Liaison person with KIMISITU SACCO.
- Assist the Programme Support Manager with compilation of analyses for various HR related information shared on the HR Network to assist in RedR policy and procedures development.
- Maintain up-to-date soft (scanning where necessary) and hard copies of HR and Administration records and provide information when required for monthly and quarterly staff, board and donor interim and final reports as per deadlines given.
- Manage the office calendar and circulate regularly as instructed.
- Coordinate logistics for events and functions i.e. booking of venue, confirmation of participants, purchase of required items, setting up appointments etc.
- Liaison person with the travel agent on flight bookings, invoicing and monthly reports.
- Oversee office repairs and installations as directed.
- Assist visitors with flight bookings, transport arrangements, itineraries, hotel bookings etc.
- Assist staff with procurement of goods and services – preparation of requisition forms, sourcing, preparation of comparative analysis, and payment documents after invoices are received. Occasionally visit vendor premises either to collect items or verify specifications.
- Inventory and stationary control and asset management, assigning numbers and updating asset list regularly.
- Driver Scheduling and monitoring.
- Participate in the development of RedR policies and procedures, providing comments for the effectiveness of the programme.
- Ensure that administrative records are kept updated, prequalified supplier list and contact details, staff contact lists etc.
- Manage post-paid telephone phone bills, charging out accordingly personal and official calls.
- Manage all contracts, prompting the Programme Support Manager when renewals are due.
- Maintain records related to government procedures, circulars and correspondence.
- Develop an understanding of RedR courses and an ability to communicate and market the courses to local and international NGOs.
- Provide support in printing, copying, binding and burning CD.
- One of the office security focal points, ensuring installation and implementation of security measures as directed.
- Adhere to the Programme Support Manager’s instructions and guidance to ensure that processes and procedures are in line with RedR policies, guidelines and acceptable standards.
- Work in close collaboration with other staff members, and provide back up support where necessary.
- Liaise and communicate through line management with the UK and Juba Offices.
Any other duties specified by the Programme Support Manager as appropriate for the role.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or other related fields preferred
- Proven experience in Human Resource management and administration not less than three years
- Excellent computer literacy in Excel and Word
- Strong office administrative experience with basic finance experience a strong advantage
- Experience in liaising with Government offices, NGOs, UN and other organisations.
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work, preferably with more than one year’s experience of working with an NGO
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, within a multicultural setting
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision at various points
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
- Familiarity with and commitment to RedR’s vision and mission, and willingness to promote this in the field
To apply please visit the RedR UK website at :
Fill in the form and submit it along with a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) via e-mail to [email protected] on or before the closing date – 18th June, 2012.
Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of the e-mail.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
102 total views, 1 today