Principle Responsibility & Position Purpose:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the holder of this position will be responsible for managing, directing and organizing hotel and Restaurants, operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
· Maximizes Hotel profitability; implements effective controls of food, beverage, and labour costs and monitors the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labour expenses.
· Develops and implements cost saving and profit enhancement measures for the restaurants.
· Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurant; recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational policies and procedures when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Interacts positively with customers.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all laws and regulations; responsible for ensuring cleanliness and proper sanitation of all work and service areas.
· Participates in the development, implementation and marketing of new and creative menus to attract a pre-determined customer market; promotes the cross-selling of other hotel outlets and the company.
· Conduct all administration work including but not limited to attendance records, duty roasters, guests history records and log books.
· Hotel Management or equivalent educational background.
· At least five years experience in the related field. Hotel and Restaurant Management experience preferred.
· Experience with supervision of employees required.
· Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office applications and experience of using hotel software programmes.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Outgoing, punctual, people oriented, excellent communication skills, customer focused, excellent administration skills.
· Knowledge of restaurant operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
· Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
F&B Supervisor/ Head Waiter/ Waiters
The requirements for persons eligible for the training are as follows: -
Age: 24-30 years
Education: “O” level passes in KCSE with at least mean grade C- and above.
Appearance: Smart, pleasant personality and presentable
· Positive attitude, outgoing, confident, good command of spoken English, mature and intelligent
· Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in Hotel Industry / Restaurant
· Operating a Coffee Machine will be an added advantage.
· Executive Chef
· Formal training in F & B Production from a reputable college
· Experience: 5 years for Executive Chef and 1 year for Sous Chef
· Knowledge of preparing Italian, Chinese, Indian and other continental cuisine.
· Minimum mean grade C+
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration to email@example.com before end of day 15th September 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
43 total views, 1 today