Home Manager Job in Kitengela, January 2013
General Scope of the Post
- The management of all staff, efficient and effective day to day running of the Home and further development of the service in line with community needs and the requirements of the home.
- The main aim will be to ensure resident well being by promoting the philosophy of privacy, dignity, rights and fulfillment within a policy of managed risk taking.
- To lead, direct, supervise and support staff working within the Home in providing a network of services which can respond flexibly to the needs of the Residents as individuals.
- To initiate the formation of an advisory board to advice on matters pertaining to running of the home
- To register the home and incorporate policies that would govern effective running of the home
- To ensure that budgetary control of the Home is maintained in accordance with the company’s financial guidelines.
- To formulate a business plan for the purpose of planning and implementation of any new development as identified for the promotion of services for agreement by the Executive Committee.
- Overall responsibility for management of the Home in an efficient and effective manner within available resources and controlled budgets.
- Appoint staff at all levels below that of Manager which will include advertising as necessary, taking up references, conducting interviews, completing health checks and applying for disclosure in line with the procedures outlined in the Personnel Manual.
- To provide induction training, information and supervision to staff as appropriate, ensuring they are conversant with their duties, rights and responsibilities.
- To promote good communication by means of staff meetings, written and verbal reports and encourage openness at all levels.
- To monitor staff duties and performance. Ensure probationary periods are managed appropriately. Deal with informal disciplinary matters and action formal disciplinary procedures through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the Residents are recognised, assessed and met where possible. This will involve ensuring there are regular planned reviews, assessments and formulation of care plans for all users of the services in liaison with other professional workers.
- Involve Residents where possible in decision making about activity, life style and matters in the Home which may affect them.
- Publicize the service offered by the Home, establish and maintain good relations with the community.
- Encourage and participate in social activities for the benefit of Residents, including fundraising.
- Deal with matters pertaining to the maintenance of the building and equipment.
- Oversee the implementation of systems of working which enable Health and Safety legislative requirements to be met for example, risk assessments etc.
- Ensure mandatory training requirements are met in the Home and that clear, up to date individual training records are kept on every member of staff.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else whom your acts or omissions may affect.
- Applicants must be female and at least 35 years of age.
- A post high school education in social work and experience working with children are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years working at supervisory level in a similar or relevant environment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to promote residents’ rights, equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
- Ability to be creative, consistent, patient, compassionate and serious about responsibility.
- Commitment to promoting and developing the highest quality care standards for children.
- Recruitment & Selection
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Budgets and Business Plans
- Legislation underpinning practice
- Knowledge of local and national codes of practice relating to care of children
- Ability to work with other care professionals
- Developing staff
- Supervision & Appraisal
- Managing Budgets
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Building a team which supports and values individuals and recognizes individual strengths and skills.
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current remuneration package from applicants who meet the above qualifications and are up to the challenge should be sent to the e-mail address below to reach us by Monday, 7th January 2013.
E-mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
448 total views, 1 today