HIV Prevention Technical Officers (3 Positions)
Reporting to: Head Prevention Section
NASCOP MOH is working towards identifying evidence-informed behavioral interventions (EBIs), to promote implementation and scale up of the same.
In view of this, NASCOP would like to recruit and engage a core team of three (3) HIV Prevention Technical Officers.
The positions will be supported by the U.S. Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) The HIV Prevention Technical officers will be based at the NASCOP Offices. This is a 2-year annually renewable contract
Roles & Responsibilities
Under the leadership and guidance of NASCOP and the EBI Technical Working Group the Team will:
- Implement assessment of Behavioral HIV prevention interventions as per the nationally approved Kenya HIV Prevention Intervention Assessment Tool (KHPIAT).
- Support GOK and implementing partners on intervention assessment issues.
- Support capacity building of implementing partners in assessment related issues
- Perform administrative duties relating to intervention assessment including systematic documentation and archiving, website management, scheduling assessment meetings, and handling assessment related correspondence.
- Support review of the assessment tool and process based on assessment experiences and feedback from implementing partners.
- Conduct assessment related site visits as agreed by TWG and approved by NASCOP.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head NASCOP
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, Public Health or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV prevention programs, with emphasis on the development, adaptation, and evaluation of HIV prevention behavioral interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the Government of Kenya structures and a wide range of stakeholders
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite, and comprehensive Writing and communication skills
All applications must be submitted by Friday February 10th, 2012 and addressed to:
The Head NASCOP
National AIDS & STI Control Programme, KNH Grounds
P.O. Box 19361-00200 – KNH
Only shortlisted candidates will receive notification after two weeks of closing date.
48 total views, 1 today