The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a state Corporation set up to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance sector in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant position:
Job Title: Head of Procurement
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Officer will be responsible for the management of the supply chain function of the Authority including the management of stores and coordinating all the supply functions thereof and the internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain activities in accordance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and the related Regulations and guidelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Developing and implementing procurement strategies, policies and procedures in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and the related Regulations.
· Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and disposal Act, 2005
· Manage the procurement and supplies function of the Authority.
· Ensure a smooth flow of information, control and accountability
· Provide effective leadership, expertise in all aspects of procurement
· Preparation of annual procurement plans for the Authority in liaison with divisional heads.
· Undertaking supplier rating and appraisal and conduct regular market surveys.
· Perform the duties of Secretary to Tender and Disposal Committee.
· Management of procurement records in accordance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005.
· Undertake contract negotiations, review and management in conjunction with the respective heads of division.
· Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of contract.
· Bachelors degree in business, commerce, economics or equivalent. Possession of a masters degree would be an added advantage.
· Possession of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) graduate diploma or its equivalent.
· Be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional body.
· At least Ten (10) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which must have been at a senior level preferably in a public organization.
· Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations.
· Strong Analytical and interpersonal skills.
· High integrity and excellent report writing skills
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications given, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 6th July, 2012 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
Zep -Re Place
P.O Box 43505-00100
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
45 total views, 1 today