Handicap International: Project Officer Job in Puntland
Position: Project Officer, Human Rights
Location: Puntland – Garowe
Closing date: 24th December 2012
Handicap International is an INGO specializing in the field of disability and development.
A Strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through integration and inclusion into mainstream development activities.
Handicap International is seeking to promote participation of person with disabilities in the process of change and social transformation for civic participation.
The Project Officer is responsible for the implementation of project on enhancing participation of Somalis with disability for Human rights and democracy in Puntland under the supervision of Human Rights Project Manager.
The PO will plan, manage, and implement the project in collaboration with the project partner.
He/She will work to improve and maintain effective communication and mutual relationship with all stakeholders including maintaining HI standards in the implementation of activities.
Specifically, the PO will be responsible for:
- Working with partners, contribute towards technical and institutional capacity of DPOs so that individually and collectively, PWDs can actively be involved in civil participation and promotion of their rights.
- Support DPOs to form/strengthen DPO networks to coordinate advocacy campaigns and engage effectively with the government and civil society actors to promote disability inclusion in the political agenda.
- Through working with local partners, ensure that DPOs effectively promote disability inclusion in the local structures including social economic empowerment of person with disability.
- Take role on the project planning, implementation and monitoring of activities as per approved plans and donor agreements.
- Participate in monitoring specific budget that is allocated / approved for the project including development of cash flow forecast.
- Obtain, update and share knowledge, information and upcoming events in his/her field of work, including the information on Human Rights related activities in Puntland
- Produce project progress reports that may be required according to reporting requirements of Handicap International and donors.
- Participate in fund raising initiatives including development of concept notes and project proposals.
Qualifications & Experience required:-
- University Degree in Development studies, social science or others with relevant discipline will be more desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working within local or international agencies on Human Rights.
- Demonstrate knowledge on human rights issues and need for inclusive policies in connection to the community in the project area.
- Experience/ Knowledge on disability issues
- Experience and understanding of advocacy work
- Have knowledge of project cycle management-Proposal writing
- Possess Good Presentation, Report Writing, Communication and Planning Skills
- Have mobilization skills/approaches e.g. facilitation skills in community meetings, focused group.
- Committed to upholding dignity and diversity
- Computer literate and Ability to work as part of a team and excellent command of the English language
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV (including 3 referees and their current contacts) by email to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 24th December, 2012 at 5.00pm.
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Project Officer, Human Rights”
No hard copies are accepted.
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials, they will be requested at a later stage.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
57 total views, 2 today