Government Jobs in Kenya – ERC (7 Positions) – 13th April 2012
The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of Electric Power, Renewable Energy and Downstream Petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts.
The Commission is seeking to recruit seven (7) progressive individuals who are team and results oriented to fill the following vacant positions:
Ref. No. HR/PET/01
Reporting to the Director General, the purpose of this position is to provide leadership and guidance on technical matters and ensure compliance and enforcement of regulations, standards and codes within the Petroleum sub sector in the country
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for the Petroleum Directorate;
- Take the lead in formulation, review and enforcement of regulations, standards and codes for the Petroleum sub sector;
- Participate in the multi-sectional advisory processes including preparation of indicative national energy plan ;
- Oversee the processing and issuance of petroleum business licences and facilities construction permits;
- Oversee collection and maintenance of information relating to technical and economic regulations in the petroleum sub sector; and
- Oversee the resolution of complaints and disputes in the petroleum sub-sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; a Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Post graduate professional qualification.
- Must be registered by the Kenya Engineers Registration Board.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience, three (3) of which must be in senior management.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of the current issues relating to the petroleum sub sector.
- Excellent team, interpersonal, decision making, communication and presentation skills.
Reporting to the Director General, the purpose of this position is to manage advice and provide leadership on Renewable Energy regulation in Kenya.
- prepare strategic and operational plans for the Renewable Energy Directorate;
- oversee the formulation and review of regulations, standards and codes for the renewable energy sub sector;
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of regulations, including service quality standards;
- Provide advice to the Commission on technical matters pertaining to renewable energy and energy efficiency; and
- coordinate the implementation of energy management policy in collaboration with key stakeholders;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences; a masters degree will be an added advantage.
- A post graduate professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience, three (3) of which must be in a senior management role.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of the current issues relating to Renewable Energy.
- Excellent team, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are essential.
Reporting to the Commission Secretary, the position holder will provide legal advice and ensure compliance with the legal provisions.
- Draw contracts, leases and other legal documents and vet those drawn by other parties;
- Advise and undertake prosecutions of cases within the provisions of the relevant law;
- Assist in the review of laws, by-laws and regulations;
- Prepare policy papers and instruments which have legal implications for consideration;
- Advise the organisation on legal issues affecting day to day management of the Commission;
- Monitor and advise on compliance with contractual obligations; and
- Research on legal issues in the energy sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law; a masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Advocate of the High court with a current practicing licence.
- At least seven (7) years relevant working experience.
- Good understanding of the legal issues relating to the energy sector.
- Excellent analytical, communication and conflict resolution skills.
Reporting to the Director General, the position holder will ensure that the office runs efficiently and effectively.
- Provide efficient secretarial and office management services in the Director General’s office;
- Ensure efficient processing, storage and retrieval of information;
- Maintain and manage the Director General’s office diary, schedule appointments and travel itineraries;
- Take and relay messages accurately and in a timely manner, and answer queries where possible;
- Establish and maintain an effective communication link with the Director General’s to ensure that deadlines, requests and any other Commission issues are dealt with in a responsive and timely manner;
- Filter e-mails, highlight urgent correspondence, draft, type and dispatch all the Director General’s correspondence;
- Liaise with relevant individuals, external organizations to arrange meetings, prepare agendas and ensure the Director General is well-prepared for meetings;
- Attend to visitors while observing protocol;
- Prepare briefing papers, prepare presentations and reports for the Director General;
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system for the Director General’s office;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies or other social sciences.
- Typewriting: 50 wpm, Shorthand: 100 wpm.
- Office Management III, Business English III.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office.
- At least four (4) years relevant working experience.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Must be good at maintaining confidentiality.
- Working experience in the public sector will be an added advantage.
Ref. No. HR/PROC/02
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the position holder will implement supply chain policies and procedures and ensure effective and efficient procurement of goods, works and services.
- Prepare tender documents in liaison with the user departments and participate in the evaluation of Tenders, Proposals and Quotations;
- Process purchase requisitions for the procurement of items;
- Prepare LPOs, LSO’s and Contract Agreements for awarded supply tenders;
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of tenders;
- Performs secretarial role to Procurement Committees;
- Preparation of Procurement and Disposal plans;
- Maintain proper procurement records to ensure adequate audit trail and prepare reports; and
- Conduct periodic market survey and annual stock taking.
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies Management or its equivalent;
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS);
- At least (3) years relevant work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act, 2005 and the Regulations, 2006; and
- High level of attention to detail, high integrity, good analytical and report writing skills; effective interpersonal, negotiation, record keeping skills, customer relations and computer skills.
Ref. No. HR/PET/05
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Petroleum, the position holder will be responsible for providing technical advice and support in the development and enforcement of petroleum standards and regulations.
He will undertake compliance and conformity audits and process construction permits and licences for petroleum businesses.
- Assist in the development, review and enforcement of standards, regulations and codes of practice for the petroleum sub-sector;
- Monitor petroleum stocks in the country;
- Monitor the fuel marking program and supervise fuel marking contractors;
- Process construction permits for petroleum installations and, licences for petroleum businesses;
- Investigate petroleum related accidents and incidents and prepare reports ; and
- Maintain an accurate register of licensed petroleum businesses.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences.
- At least three (3) years working experience in petroleum sub-sector or in manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of the petroleum sub sector.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Ref. No. HR/ELEC/04
Reporting to the Senior Manager Power systems, the position holder will be responsible for processing licences and enforcing compliance in the electricity sub sector.
He/she will carry out accident/incident investigations and make reports.
- participate in the review of licence and permit applications for generation, transmission , distribution and supply of electricity;
- Process licence applications for electricians and electrical contractors;
- Investigate electrical energy related accidents and incidents and prepare reports;
- Maintain an accurate register of licensed electricians and electrical contractors; and
- Undertake compliance inspection of licensees facilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of the electrical energy sub sector.
- At least 3 years working experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and report writing skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above named positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria set above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting the respective position reference number, for the position you would like to be considered for, to reach us on or before 30th April, 2012 addressed to:
The Director General
Energy Regulatory Commission
Eagle Africa Centre, Longonot Road, Upperhill
P.O. Box 42681-00100 GPO,
Telephone: +254-20-2847000/200; 0722 200947 / 0734 414333
Email address: email@example.com
- management jobs in kenyan government
- latest government jobs 2012 april kenya
- government of kenya vacancies 2012
- governance jobs in kenya 2012
- latest secretarial job vacancies in 2012 in kenyan government
- governance jobs in kenya june 2012
- GOVERMENT VACANCIES IN KENYA APRIL 2012
- ERC KENYA JOBS
- ERC jobs 2012
- electrical government vacancies 2012 kenya
- ecobank kenya jobs in April 2012
- career opportunities in government of kenya 2012
- april 13 2012 vacancies in mombasa kenya
- 2012 Kenya Government Jobs to Holders of Diploma in Business Management
43 total views, 1 today