Government Jobs in Kenya 2011 – ACA
The Agency is seeking for dynamic self-starters, with exceptional communication and IT skills, who will work flexibly in a highly professional team, respond imaginatively to varied and demanding range of tasks and have the ability to turn strategy into practical measures while mastering complexity and detail.
We will reward you with a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity for professional growth.
The positions to be filled are as follows:-
1. Deputy Director – Enforcement, Prosecution and Legal Services Department
Grade ACA 10
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Deputy Director-Enforcement, Prosecution and Legal Services will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate investigations and prosecution of cases arising from the enforcement of the Anti-Counterfeit Act
- Provide legal advice on issues impacting on the Agency
- Supervise staff, manage and administer all activities of the department
- Liaise with external law firms on litigations involving the Agency either in pursuance of its mandate or other claims
- Formulate, implement and evaluate policy on enforcement and legal issues.
- Liaise with other institutions that are engaged in combating counterfeiting
- Develop and implement the department’s work plan
- Coordinate and oversee the timely preparation of reports for the Board on matters relating to enforcement and legal issues.
- A Bachelor of law (LLB) degree from a recognized institution and a post graduate diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law.
- A Master’s degree in law, business administration or any other social science from a recognized institution.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in enforcement, prosecution and provision of legal services
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance.
- Strong organizational competences and skills with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- A team player and ready to mentor junior staff.
- Be computer literate.
Grade ACA 5
The officer will report to the Assistant Director-Human Resource & Administration.
The transport officer must devise and implement transportation solutions as per the Agency’s needs and regulations.
- Devise a cost-effective and workable transport plan and logistics based on the Agency’s needs.
- Keep proper and up-to-date inventory of all vehicles and tools.
- Ensure all vehicles are in good working condition and supervise their maintenance and cleanliness.
- Keep consistent record of logs regarding the total distance traveled by each vehicle.
- Monitor and supervise drivers
- Responsible for safe parking of the Agency’s vehicles.
- Ensure all insurances and licenses of the vehicles are renewed on time.
- Develop and implement a transport policy.
- University degree in Business Management
- Sound knowledge and experience of at least two (years) on inventory and transport management
- Able to provide quick solutions to challenges on transport issues.
- Must have good management, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Capable of working long hours in a challenging environment.
- Be computer literate.
If you fulfill the above requirements, you are invited to apply by submitting an application together with an up-to-date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and names and day time telephone contacts of three referees as well as your current and expected salary not later than 15th August, 2011 by email or post to:
The Executive Director,
Telposta Towers, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 47771-00100,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
69 total views, 1 today