General Manager Job Vacancy in Nairobi
The positions will be based in Nairobi,Kenya.
Core Working Relationships: Directors, employees, clients, equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Security management or a related field.
- Must have broad knowledge of Security and ICT.
- Adequate financial management skills.
- At least 10 years experience in senior management position
- Experience in Security technology oriented Organization an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of the East African security technology market an added advantage.
- Strong leadership and business communication skills including effective interpersonal, influencing, negotiation skills, analytical skills and ability to write reports.
- Strategic thinker able to give direction towards attainment of the strategic objectives
- Ability to take personal responsibility for dealing with customers’ issues and concerns.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in security technology through continuous professional programmes.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to solve complex and outstanding technical and administrative problems by generating alternative workable solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Be willing and able to travel regularly either scheduled or on a short notice.
- Implementation and realization of the strategic objectives within the set timelines
- Increased yearly revenue growth of 10-15% as compared to previous year
- Track expenses against forecasts / budget
- An upto date finance policy and compliance
- Compliance with set standards between the company and equipment/product suppliers/ industry .
- Compliance with the procurement policy
- Effective inventory control
- Establish systems to hold team accountable for standards
- Organisational and individual performance measurement activities in place and standards met.
- Maintenance of staff discipline
- Staff training and development
- Achieved brand positioning and management
- Ensure organisation is in the forefront in current technology and solutions
- Maximised intergration of ICT in business operations
- Provide professional leadership and technical guidance in identifying and evaluating organizational risk factors in all the organization’s activities
- Strategic planning and guiding the various teams towards attaining the company’s strategic objectives.
- Plan and coordinate the timely preparation of annual work plans and budget estimates as well as outlining key activities to be undertaken to achieve desired targets.
- Oversee debt collection by ensuring all collections are made on outstanding accounts to meet monthly financial targets.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reporting on the company and take responsibility for the operations budgetary control.
- Mitigation against losses, breakages and obsolete stock.
- Develop and implement procurement policy to ensure goods and services are purchased with due regard to economy, effectiveness, and efficiency in full compliance with the company’s policy on procurement.
- Inventory management
- Develop and establish an effective Marketing and Sales department strategies that will promote and sustain customer or investor relations.
- Consolidate the organization’s current client portfolio with the aim of increasing and maintaining the client base.
- Mitigate possible disputes that may occur between the organization and its clients or suppliers by establishing a workable conflict resolution system
- Develop and implement communication strategies aimed at promoting and enhancing the organization’s image in order to create good-will and build credibility.
- Develop and improve products that will actively persuade customers to choose them.
- Create new income streams through expanded product network services.
- Continuously analyze sales performance and spearhead direct sales of company products and services.
- Develop and implement sales incentive schemes for sales force and technical staff.
- Analyze factors affecting brand performance and design strategic brand plans to counter negative effects.
- Review organization structure to ensure that workflow processes and team structures are properly aligned with the strategic direction
- Develop and establish an effective and professional technical team ready to build security awareness and demand for the latest company products.
- Review incidents of violations against organization policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Monitor and track the employee and company performance
- Institute training and development plans for different staff categories
The overall responsibilities of the above position will be to manage,direct and implement the Financial strategies,objectives,policies,procedures,financial function control enviroment,reporting and planning for the Group.
JD/Key Performance Indicators include ,but are not limited to;
- Development of the financial and overall strategy of the group and shaping the
- implementation plans.
- Ensuring that all the Group entities are in compliance with the respective local statutory reporting requirements.
- Ensuring the financial controls,policies and procedures are adequate,effective and are complied with.
- Cost control
- Manage the budgeting and monitoring process( actual performance)
- Maintaining good financial systems and sound credit management policies
- Up to date & accurate quarterly internal Audit reports
- Ensuring the company’s resources and assets are appropriately safeguarded
- Managing performance and progression of the Finance team across the region
- Maintaining relationship with stakeholders,including banks,regulators, and external auditors.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing financial aspects with regard to international suppliers.
- Developing risk management policies relevant to the group,updating these as necessary,and ensuring their implementation
- Advising the Management from time to time on company financial soundness and possible recommendations where it calls so.
- B.Com Finance/Accounting option or equivalent qualification.
- CPA (K) with at least 5 years post qualification experience, 2 of which should be in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Sage Pastel software packages.
- Audit experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent MS office applications especially Excel skills.
- An understanding of the security industry an added advantage.
- Experience in managing the financial,tax and regulatory aspects of a regional entity will be an added advantage.
- Practical accounting experience in inventory management & control
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to foster teamwork.
- Ability to work under pressure, and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal,communication,and analytical skills and able to excute business plans and concepts effectively.
- Outstanding organizational skills, tenacity and attention to detail.
- Must be of high integrity and unquestionable character.
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly either scheduled or on a short notice.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
42 total views, 1 today