General Manager Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
The company is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, operating through a network of offices and warehouses in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Industry: Duty Free Retail
Job Title: General Manager (Retail) for Africa
Type of Hire: Local / Expatriate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: USD 3,500 – 4,000 per month (NET)
- Taking charge of cash flows
- Responsible for all local purchases across Africa – end to end
- C & F: understanding, controlling and optimizing costs.
- Audit and compliance aspects for all locations. Ensure that all Audit reports are closed and reported. Follow up with the vertical heads on the same, and create timelines for closure of issues /concerns highlighted. Ensure that all the requisite aspects of compliance and corporate governance are followed and practiced at the locations.
- Board meeting presentations, which would entail creating agenda, compiling numbers and cross checking it with Finance, to avoid any mismatch between operations and finance numbers. Ensuring that the presentations are accurate and detailed.
- Analyzing and controlling overheads at all locations. Any abnormal expenses to be queried, and ensure that due process of approvals are followed in case any expense exceeding the provided cap/budgets.
- Responsible to churn our all MIS reports and MRM reports.
- Minimum 12-15 years’ experience in Retail/FMCG.
- Candidate with finance background will be preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a large team.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results on time.
- Strong MS office and presentation skills.
- Upholds professional ethics
- Proficient in use of technology
- Passionate towards work, self-motivated, takes initiative and responsibility
- Focuses on goals & deadlines, encourages teamwork, creativity & trust
- Delivers beyond promise
- Appreciates constructive criticism
- Good organizational & planning abilities
- Analytical skills & business acumen
- 5-7 years in Duty Free Retail
Please justify your application by stating similar experience in the FMCG / Duty Free sector preferably in a similar capacity at your previous / current job. Send your CV (in PDF format) via email to [email protected] no later than 24th December 2012.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
180 total views, 1 today