We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
LVCT’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counselling, testing and care services.
We have a vacancy for the following position:
Gender Technical Officer (GTO)
Purpose of position:
To provide direction for the LVCT gender strategy, deliver on its execution ensuring quality and results. The GTO will undertake to systematically address integration of gender considerations in LVCT’s approaches and programmes and provide technical assistance to partners in gender integration, and leadership to policy engagement for strengthened gender integration.
The position holder will also be responsible for the implementation of the gender based violence programme and liaise closely with delivery of post rape care services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee systematic implementation and development of a monitoring and reporting framework for the LVCT gender and GBV strategies
- Contribute to LVCTs institutional development strategy and build capacity for gender integration and monitoring across programmes and services
- Actively engage policy reforms and provide technical assistance to strengthen national guidance, implementation frameworks and capacities for gender integration in line with the Kenya National AIDS Strategic Plan III
- Document LVCTs lessons and best practices on gender integration in health services and for the GBV response
- Provide oversight for the implementation and evaluation of gender activities and GBV programmes with subpartners
- Ensure liaison and networking between LVCT, private sector, CSOs and government agencies to promote attention to gender and gender based violence issues
- Degree in social sciences
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Sound technical understanding of gender analysis, programming and evaluation
- Knowledge of the health care system and HIV, SRH and GBV policy and literature
- Demonstrated capacity for project implementation and team support
- Focus on results with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience in policy engagement and policy advocacy
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202
Or email: email@example.com
so as to arrive NOT later than 16th September 2011
Note: Only short listed applicant will be contacted.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer.