GE Kenya Jobs: Project Development Leader
Location: Lagos, Luanda, Nairobi, Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Number: 1435362
Business GE Global Growth & Operations
Business Segment: Global Growth & Operations – Africa
About Us: We are GE. We’re a global infrastructure, finance and media company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. And we are taking the strengths that have made us an industry leader and putting them to work in service of a new era of global business, with a focus on the world and the people we share it with.
Through initiatives like ecomagination and healthymagination, we are developing the next generation of products and services to improve the way we use resources, impact our communities and care for each other.
Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today.
From jet engines to power generation, financial services to water processing, and medical imaging to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services. GE is imagination at work.
Posted Position Title: Project Development Leader – Transportation
Career Level: Experienced
Function Business Management
Function Segment: Executive Management
Location: South Africa
City: Lagos, Luanda, Nairobi, Johannesburg
Relocation Assistance No
Role Summary/Purpose: GG&O Project Development / Strategic Initiatives will support GE businesses in driving profitable growth initiatives by structuring and implementing creative business deals. Development will include external partnering initiatives as well as internally focused efforts. This initiative’s mandate is to drive growth of the GE businesses, primarily through identifying, screening, negotiating and structuring of co-development opportunities, both short term and long term.
Essential Responsibilities This Project Development Leader role will target a specific GE business i.e.Transportation with a focus on its growth potential or margin potential and will undertake specific activities as part of the sub-Saharan region. Strategic efforts will include development support of key NPI, strategic projects and economic or market evaluations.
• Identify, screen, select and negotiate new project development opportunities for assigned GE business.
• Identify, screen and structure business deals and opportunities
• Promote progress on existing projects, either by supporting the co-developer and/or by undertaking development initiatives as required from time to time.
• Protect GE Africa’s interest both within and outside contractual arrangements.
• Follow-up on project progress & budgets and report to team.
• Support sell-up activities on current deals or projects.
Qualifications/Requirements: • University degree, preferably in engineering and/or finance.
• MBA or Master’s degree in a related field.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar infrastructure position (Transportation)
with strong understanding of the key stakeholders, environment including project development agreements, EPC agreements, management of consultants and subcontractors, land deals, permitting procedures, project finance structures and financial models.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active.
• Ability to work independently as well as ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated project management and financial skills in cost/budgeting.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Computer literate (Word / Excel / Power point and MS Project).
• Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
• Great presentational skills, able to present ideas in a way that produces understanding and impact.
• Ability to resolve complex issues within specified area. Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives. Proven ability to effectively communicate across a distributed workforce.
Desired Characteristics • Project Management Professional (PMP) qualifications.
• Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE Employees Only).
• Fluency in English language, French or Portuguese as applicable to country location.
• Solid Knowledge of African Market / Environment.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
98 total views, 1 today