FMCG Sales Manager Job in Kenya
The FMCG Sales Manager is responsible for providing on the ground leadership to maintain and grow our client’s prominent market presence in line with the organization’s vision of strong leadership positions across categories and markets.
The Jobholder will be responsible for providing strategic direction in the development of an efficient and
effective management with a view to growing and protecting volume sales, market share and profit, controlling and influencing of key retail outlets, making inroads in new markets and maintaining the preferred supplier status through customer service excellence.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the attainment of the brand volume and value objectives, distribution and visibility objectives and training and development of the distributor sales team in the region.
As a key member of the executive team, the Jobholder will work closely with the marketing, finance and operations functions to improve route-to-market efficiencies and trade marketing effectiveness.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Sales Manager’s key focus, are as follows:
- Research, brand positioning and product development.
- Sales team leadership.
- Distribution channel management.
- Management reporting and strategy formulation.
Research, Brand Positioning & Product Development:
- Carrying out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Managing research & development and new product development.
- Developing ideas and creating offers for direct Customers.
- Determining price points and discount rates for range of products being sold.
- Analysing sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements and customer preferences.
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations and actively act as project manager for these opportunities.
- Proactively developing the corporate image, reputation and brand of the compay.
- Developing and maintaining visibility across all channels.
- Consulting with department heads and other stakeholders to plan advertising and other campaigns.
- Extensive monitoring of customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts
- Recruiting, training, coaching and motivating sales team.
- Enhancing functional competence across all levels of in-house and distributor teams.
- Managing sales targets on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis.
- Planning and managing sales resources according to agreed budgets.
- Delivering of rewarding incentive programs and motivate exceptional success.
- Managing the internal communications and awareness of the company’s direction, mission and objectives.
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication between the Sales and Production team to ensure accurate delivery on targets.
- Establishing effective route-to-market strategies.
- Developing and managing key account relationships.
- Coordinating sales distribution by establishing sales territories and goals.
- Monitoring actual distribution or movement of a product to the customer.
- Advising stockists and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of the business.
- Selecting and managing external agencies.
- Researching and networking to expand the distribution network into new territories.
- Exploring and researching new export markets and the governance parameters related to these to set up new distribution channels.
- Contributing to the formulation of policy and strategy,
- Maintaining and enhancing administration and relevant reporting and planning systems.
- Providing accurate financial and management information to leadership to enhance decision making and business processes.
- Preparing budgets and approval of expenditures.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Westlands
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database no for interviewing.
66 total views, 1 today