Finlays Programmer / Database Administrator Recruitment in Kenya Today
This position has the following key responsibilities:
* Maintaining databases including tuning database servers, performance monitoring while ensuring security, accurate and regular updates;
* Participation in the design and development of databases to meet existing and new user needs taking into account technological innovations;
* Facilitating the increasing demand for access to data – increasingly via the intranet and/or website;
* Devising, developing, implementing and on a regular basis testing disaster recovery and archiving procedures for databases;
* Supporting users of acquired or in-house developed applications and providing the required solution and resolving user needs and problems;
* Working closely with ICT project managers and other database programmers;
* Commissioning, installing and testing new applications;
* Writing and maintaining programming code and associated documentation;
* Analyzing client/server and micro-computer based software solutions compatibility with company requirements;
* Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed;
* Documenting programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
We require a candidate with the following qualifications:
* Fully familiar with Microsoft technologies with special emphasis on Visual BASIC, .Net framework, ASP.net as front-end development tools and MS Access, MS SQL server 2000/2005/2008 as back-end databases and IIS;
* Proficiency in enterprise reporting tools e.g. Crystal Report, MS reporting;
* Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008 server and Windows XP & 7 desktop operating system, Exchange 2003 / 2010 mail server, and other applications relating to networking;
* MIS reporting skills;
* Competency in Epicor Scala financial accounting and/or Harvest IT ERP packages will be an added advantage
* An MCSD will be given preference
* Minimum base qualification required is Bachelors in IT/IS/Computer Science/Business Studies;
* A Minimum of at least three years similar experience with a reputable company.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to the
Human Resources Director,
P.O. Box 10222, Nairobi 00400.
Email: email@example.com to reach not later than 19 August 2011.
Those applicants who will not have heard from us by 1 October 2011 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
35 total views, 2 today