September 18, 2012
Advert for EAM RIT Finance Officer, Nairobi (Kenya)
BirdLife is looking for a new Finance Officer to help implement the Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF)’s investment in the Eastern Afromontane Hotspot (EAM).
The EAM Regional Implementation Team (RIT) will be responsible for establishing and administering small and large grants programs to support promising conservation initiatives in hotspot countries.
They will oversee a cohesive portfolio of grants, in line with CEPF’s strategic investment directions for the hotspot, which exceed in impact the sum of their parts. An overarching aim of the investment is to build a broad constituency of civil society groups working across institutional and political boundaries, toward achieving the shared conservation goals identified by CEPF.
The Finance Officer will be an integral member of the RIT, with duties that include:
· Assisting project partners in producing detailed budgets and financial reports
· Implementing project administration and finance management procedures
· Supporting the organisation of project events (launches, meetings, workshops and training)
· Supporting calls for proposals and review of grant applications
· Contracting and disbursing grants
· Reviewing grantees’ financial reports
The role will be based at the BirdLife International Africa Partnership Secretariat in Nairobi.
The Finance Officer will work closely with EWNHS (BirdLife’s Partner in Ethiopia) and IUCN’s Nairobi and Maputo offices.
Suitable candidates will have:
· A university degree in commerce or finance
· CPA Level 3 or higher
· An excellent knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and good computer literacy in all standard Microsoft Office applications
· A proven track record of around 3 years’ relevant experience
· High motivation and desire to achieve, excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
· The ability to work to high standards within tight deadlines
· Oral and written fluency in English and knowledge of French
· Willingness to travel at short notice when required
The detailed job description is available at www.birdlife.org/jobs.
The salary will be in the range of US $16,000-$19,000.
Please send a cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) and CV to email@example.com, with EAM RIT Finance Officer as the subject.
Applications must be received by 05 October 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held during the week of 08 October 2012.
Please note that the successful candidate must be available to attend training during the week of 22 October 2012, although the start date will be negotiable.