The following vacancies have arisen in our establishment;
A. Finance Manager
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager will be in charge of financial management functions in the Sacco.
- He/she will provide leadership in preparation of accurate financial reports and accounts reports, as well as oversee and be responsible for the keeping of all books of accounts and safe custody of financial information of the organization.
- Co-ordinate with Operations Manager and Credit Manager for seamless flow of society’s financial transactions at the front and back office service areas.
- Ensure compliance with the existing accounting policies formulated by the management and international accounting standards;
- Advice the Board and management on financial matters
- Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of financial management strategies and policies.
- Preparation of periodic accounts and handling audit exercise(s) with the external auditors;
- Provide leadership and development of staff in the department;
- Be a professional accountant, with university degree in Accounting/ Finance with CPA, ACCA or equivalent
- Unquestionable integrity;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision and with attention to detail;
- Possess in depth knowledge of financial systems, financial/ administrative management and reporting
- Have demonstrated experience of at least five years being a proactive financial manager with risk assessment aptitude
- Have excellent Information Technology (IT) skills, team working, flexibility and relationship building skills
- Specifically exhibit proficiency in computerized accounting
- Experience and a working knowledge of SACCO society operations will be an added advantage.
- Age between 35 – 45 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prepare payment vouchers and make cheque payments to suppliers;
- Receive cheques, post to relevant accounts and issue for banking accordingly;
- Receive payroll deductions and update the members personal accounts;
- Update and clear standing orders;
- Prepare petty cash vouchers, pay and expense to relevant ledger accounts;
- Reconcile bank and other internal accounts;
- Make monthly statutory returns;
- Pass journal entries as necessary;
- Degree in Business Management or its equivalent;
- Minimum CPA II;
- Age between 30 – 35 years;
- Excellent ICT skills;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Those interested and meet the specified minimum qualifications are invited to apply and attach copies of relevant certificates and testimonials with at least two referees to reach the undersigned not later than 2nd July, 2011.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Ndege Chai Sacco Ltd,
P. O. Box 857,