TNS – a Kantar company
Job title: Finance Director Kenya
Job type: Finance
Location: Kenya, Nairobi
Apply via email:Annerose.Njoki@tnsglobal.com
TNS is the global leader in custom market research.
With a powerful combination of a strong international network, industry sector structure, and a world-class product offer, TNS delivers actionable insights and research-based business advice to clients that help them make more effective business decisions.
TNS at a glance:
· Global leader in the custom research industry
· The only custom research company organized around client’s industry sectors
· Market leader in the majority of countries, worldwide
· The largest and strongest team of custom research professionals in the world
Key Market Sectors: Automotive, Consumer, Finance, Technology, Political and Social
Key Areas of Expertise: Stakeholder Management, Brand & Communications, Product Development & Innovation, and Retail & Shopper
TNS offices: TNS has offices in more than 75 countries in the North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (ALM), and Europe.
Primarily responsible for financial leadership and management at the country level and to work with the business as a commercial partner in driving sustainable growth, enabling enhanced performance and ensuring appropriate disciplines and controls are in place to protect the business.
Sets finance function objectives and priorities and responsible to raise the financial acumen of the business. Manages the activities of the finance and accounting teams.
Supports the business managers within country in understanding the financial position of the business.
· Review and develop appropriate pricing/costing strategies to ensure TNS RMS is both competitive and profitable across.
· Review and advise on client profitability, provide analysis on historical trends in profitable jobs and clients
· Push for resolutions on lost making business and distribute learning around the organization
· Lead the financial education process on managing profitability, train both finance and non-finance personnel in various aspects of financial awareness
· Monitor and control capital expenditure spending and prepare financial justifications for all significant items
· Monitor cost of internal market by monitoring timesheet and make certain that resources are externally focused.
· Take corrective action to correct any imbalance in resource utilization.
· Keep operating cost for all cost areas as lean as possible, introduce effective processes and policies to control these cost areas
· Analyze monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for local board, TNS RMS AME / Kantar and WPP. Provide information and explanations of financial performance.
· Assume responsibility for accurate and reliable management of regional/country financial information in line with TNS and WPP Standards.
· Determine reporting needs and ensure the design and implementation of internal financial and management information systems to enable business managers to monitor financial performance and make decisions
Control & Compliance
· Monitor Sarbanes Oxley compliance
· Responsible for local country regulatory and statutory compliance
· Drive and execute company policies and objectives
Budgeting & Forecasting
· Provide guidance and advice on country budgeting and forecasting process
· Provide quality control on country budgets and forecasts
· Provide analysis on actual vs. budgeted performance in revenue, GM, profit, recoveries and sales
· Responsible for the accounting and finance departments of the country. May also manage additional functions including but not limited to IT and facilities management.
· Hire, train, counsel, provide performance feedback and develop finance and accounting leads
· Assist TNS RMS AME or Kantar on ad hoc projects.
· Provide support to worldwide office on acquisitions including negotiations, due diligence and related activities
· Work with local head of HR to ensure that remuneration decisions are consistent with worldwide policy
· This role has multiple direct reports including manager level reports
· This role is accountable to an internal the country board as well as TNS RMS AME Office and Kantar/WPP finance departments
· Decisions impact the success of the countries goals, objectives and financial performance
· This position requires extensive internal contact with the local business leads, country board, regional Finance team, TNSRMS AME and Kantar/WPP finance departments
· Qualified Accountant
· Extensive experience in finance and accounting
· Strong leadership skills and experience
· Strong analytic and financial modelling skills and experience
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
53 total views, 2 today