Finance Analyst Job in Kenya – Save the Children
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries.
We are the world’s largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives.
We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity.
We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration. Creativity and Integrity.
Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
The East African Regional Office is responsible for 8 countries in East Africa, including Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Ethiopia, with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff, and current expenditure of approximately $200 million each year.
Save the Children East Africa Regional Office (EARO) is looking to recruit a Finance Analyst.
In this individual-contributor role you will support the Regional Finance Director and Regional Finance Controller with country analyses and reporting in the East Africa Region, reviewing and monitoring for exceptions in reporting, controls and compliance.
Key areas of accountability:
- The Finance Analyst will work closely with the Country Offices within the East Africa Region to;
- Ensure on time reporting of monthly/quarterly and annual reports
- Review returns and checklists including control accounts and reconsolitiations
- Provide support on the Agresso reporting system including providing technical support on completion of periodic planning and reporting
- Provide support visits to Country Offices, in particular during emergency response, to ensure financial activities are in compliance with policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Regional Finance Team to deliver on team objectives
Key selection criteria:
- Accounting or commercial degree and relevant full or part professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA)
- A flair for figures and analysis
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- 2-3 years progressive experience in a management accounting, financial analysis and planning or similar role
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
- Ability to work within tight deadlines whilst delivering accurate quality work
- The personal circumstances to travel to all country offices within the region.
The role will be reporting to the Regional Finance Controller.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to EA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy applications should be addressed to Senait Zenebe, EA Regional Office, Box 19423, 202 KNH, Nairobi, Kenya, and may be handed into the Save the Children International Regional Office.
Application closes December 21st 2012 at 5:00pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts.
All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
44 total views, 2 today