Executive Assistant Job in Nairobi: icipe
icipe has approximately 350 staff to support its research and capacity building programmes located at various sites in Kenya and Ethiopia.
icipe wishes to urgently recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Executive Assistant in the office of the Director, Finance and Administration (DFA) based at Duduville campus, Kasarani, Nairobi. This is a local (national) position that offers a two-year contract that is renewable.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate.
- Provide support to the DFA in handling administration matters;
- Draft the DFA’s report of the Governing Council and Executive Board meetings;
- Organise the annual budget meeting, and coordinate the preparation of Administration and Corporate budget proposals;
- Manage the DFA’s calendar and work plan;
- Provide detailed analysis on specific projects or units as required by the DFA;
- Verify all documentation and information to the DFA, and seek clarification before forwarding for approval;
- Liaise with the Director General’s Office and the scientists on matters requiring the DFA’s attention.
a) Support the DFA Office
- Liaise with Unit Managers reporting to the DFA on all matters requiring his attention;
- Bring to the attention of Unit Managers and the DFA, information that requires to be addressed;
- Check, prepare or coordinate the drafting and the timely issue of meeting minutes;
- Ensure meeting minutes are reviewed and approved by the DFA, and ensure action points are addressed in time;
- Process requisitions relating to the DFA’s office, e.g. purchases, travel and other expenses;
- Monitor the DFA’s Administration budget;
- Liaise with the DG’s Office Manager on issues requiring the DFA’s attention.
- Update and prioritise events for the DFA’s calendar;
- Advise Unit Managers on major events that require their attention;
- Prepare the DFA’s work file before each meeting, and ensure briefing is done prior to the meeting;
- Ensure monthly briefing reports to the DFA are received and discussed as necessary.
- Prepare the DFA’s work file for board meetings and make briefing on the contents;
- Prepare the DFA’s draft reports to the board in consultation with all Unit Managers;
- Ensure that all action points in the board minutes are addressed before the next meeting;
- Make travel arrangements for the DFA or Board Members, as required.
- Confirm the dates and attendance, and book the venue in advance for the budget retreat meetings;
- Arrange the annual budget preparatory discussion meetings with Unit Managers;
- Prepare and discuss the Administration budget with the DFA, the Corporate budget with Workshop Manager and Accounting Manager, and other budgets as needed;
- Ensure the budget meeting minutes are drafted in a timely manner for review, approval and publication.
- Analyse, assess or audit special areas or activities, as may be requested by the DFA;
- Provide assistance in following up issues raised by suppliers, donors and other external parties;
- Any other official task as may be assigned by DFA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management;
- At least CPA Part II or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages (e.g. Sun System).
- Three years working for an international organisation, NGO or equivalent;
- Ability to organise work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Ability to analyse financial data;
- Reconciliation and analytical skills;
- Capacity to question work practices and seek service and system improvements;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- A dynamic person who enjoys challenges.
Please send an application with current remuneration package, and a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses), to:
The Human Resources Department,
icipe—African Insect Science for Food and Health
P.O Box 30772-00100
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
44 total views, 1 today