Engineer Job in Kenya 2011, Bureau of Standards (KEBS)
KEBS wishes to recruit innovative and result oriented individuals for the following position.
Asst. Metrology Officer (Mechatronic Engineer)
* Assist to maintain custody of the national measurement standards in the assigned measurement field;
* Assist to maintain the traceability of the national measurement standards to the International System of Units (SI);
* Provide calibration services in the respective measurement fields;
* Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a laboratory quality management system (QMS) in line with the ISO/IEC 17025 standard;
* Assist in the development of new techniques of measurement and improve on the current ones;
* Assist in the achievement and maintenance of international recognition of the national measurement standards and the laboratory’s calibration and measurement capabilities (CMCs);
* Assist in the development of the laboratory’s strategic plan (SP) and participate in its implementation and review;
* Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of the laboratory’s performance contract
* Carry out assigned research and development work;
* Participate in measurement comparisons;
* Prepare and verify calibration certificates/reports;
* Assist in the development, implementation and review of safety procedures in the laboratory;
* Assist in the identification and planning for the procurement of measurement standards and equipment;
Job grade: KS 7
Minimum academic qualifications: Bachelor of Science (Mechatronic engineering)
Capable of programming machines such as programmable logic controllers, (PLCs) working knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Systems, working knowledge of control systems and able to design mechatronic systems.
Analytical skills, Proactive, Results oriented, Integrity, Innovative.
Application forms for employment, key responsibilities and specification are to be found on the KEBS website www.kebs.org.
Applications including a filled application form for employment, Curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates must be submitted online on or before 17th June 2011.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
KEBS is an equal opportunity employer.