Drivers Wanted in Kisumu Kenya
KEMRI / CDC Research & Public Health Collaboration
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in malaria, HIV and other diseases. Currently, the program has a vacancy in Base in Transport Department.
Position: Chauffers – Drivers
Education & Language:
- A minimum Form four KCSE or its equivalent
- Applicants must hold a valid Kenya Commercial vehicle operator license ,Class B, C, & E
- Fluency in written and spoken English and/or Swahili
- Experience: 5yrs of Commercial driving experience, including one- years experience operating four wheel drive vehicles.
- Applicants must demonstrate , by road test , skill in handling vehicles , the ability to drive defensively to avoid accidents and injury to vehicles or passengers
- Must present a Kenya accident free driving record for the five years previous application
- Current & valid Certificate of Good conduct from the CID Headquarters
- Must be willing to reside in Kisumu and/ or study areas
- Must be flexible in terms of working odd hours and/or travelling at short notice.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must know Kenya traffic laws applicable to commercial operations
- Be familiar with the requirements for safe vehicle operation under both crowded urban or near urban areas, and those encountered in rural or off-road conditions.
- Applicants should be aware of traffic safety rules, have knowledge of need to drive defensively when encountering unsafe or illegal operations by other drivers.
- Should understand the full operational capability and limits of the assigned vehicles.
The driver/chauffeur will provide services related to driving passenger motor vehicles, four-wheel drive off-road type vehicles, trucks and buses for the CDC/KEMRI transportation unit of the CDC/KEMRI operations program in accordance with instructions received from transport Manager and/or the Chief of Operations or designee.
Terms of Employment:
1 year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months.
Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
Applications must include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Certificates, Transcripts driving Licence, Current & valid Certificate of Good conduct
Applications are due no later than: 27th May 2012 to:
Human Resource Manager,
P.O Box 1578, Kisumu.
OR E-mail to email@example.com
or log into our web www.jobs.cdckemri.org
Applications MUST include copies of certificates and Transcripts.
Applications without these will be disregarded.
KEMRI/CDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview meeting and processing of any letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately to 0701112145.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- www drivers latest vacancy in kenya
- class E personal driver jobs in kenya
- current jobs in center for disease control kisumu driver
- Government of Kenya May Drivers job Vacancy
- latest jobs for drivers in cdc kemri kisumu
- Latest New Drivers Job Vacancy Government of Kenya
- scheme of service for drivers in kenya
32 total views, 1 today