Distribution Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
Our Client, which is a media and marketing organization focusing on the youth.
Amongst its key products being a teen publication which is a Kenya’s leading teen publication and has been in print for the last 11 years is looking to grow its magazine sales consistently and would like to get a distribution manager with experience and expertise to expand its Distribution department.
Key roles and responsibilities
To supervise magazine distribution from the depot/printer/airport to all retail & school outlets, and co-ordinate with all 3rd parties recruited to ensure magazine is delivered to the Point-of-Sale on time, i.e.
Retail Outlets: Supermarkets, bookstores, convenient stores, cyber cafes, etc.,
Schools: School kiosks, school libraries, school journalism clubs, etc.
To supervise magazine collection (when required) from all the Point-Of-Sale outlets, including schools, supermarkets, bookstores, and to ensure that all returns collected after the monthly sales cycle.
Check availability, sales of magazine at the retail outlets/school kiosks
- Retail Outlets: Compile a comprehensive list of retail outlets. In this list, have the names of all the key retail outlet managers, who you can contact to get information on magazine availability and sales. Ensure that you contact ALL retail outlet managers at least once a month. Additionally, ensure that you visit at least 5 retail outlets daily to check availability status of the magazine.
- Schools: Compile a comprehensive list of school outlets with the contacts of;
- Kiosk Owners
- School Principals/Head teachers
- Club Patron (Teachers)
Ensure that magazines are properly displayed at the various retail outlets during the in-store visits as clearly defined in the ‘Sales Supervision’ role above
To Supervise the Circulation of the Magazine on daily basis by either contacting and/or visiting all outlets where the magazine is available to the reader.
Develop strategies to ensure growth of circulation and subscription database
- Retail Outlet Growth: Co-ordinate with retail outlet distributors e.g. to ensure optimum sales at retail outlets and ensure the laid out monthly, quarterly and annual targets are met
- School Outlet Growth: To co-ordinate with school outlets distributors, kiosk owners, school heads, etc.to ensure optimum sales in schools and ensure laid out monthly, quarterly and annual targets are met
- Magazine Distribution from depot to retail outlets/schools
- Magazine Availability reports for both retail outlets and schools
Every quarter, come up with creative ideas on how the magazine can be marketed/sold at all retail outlets.
Liaise and manage all retail outlets, schools & vendors to make sure they are adequately handled
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title Circulation/ Distribution Manager ( Gross Salary; 50k-80k) on the email subject to [email protected]
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
33 total views, 1 today