Deputy Executive Director Job At ICJ Kenya
The Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya)
Established in 1959, the Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, not for profit making, membership organisation registered in Kenya.
With a membership drawn from the Bar as well as the Bench, it is a National Section of the International Commission of Jurists whose headquarters is in Geneva.
It is however autonomous from the ICJ Geneva. The primary Mission of the organisation is to promote and protect human rights, democracy and the rule of law nationally and regionally.
ICJ Kenya has distinguished itself with its consistent tract record of well informed advocacy and leadership and is today widely acknowledged as a premier human rights organisation in Kenya.
ICJ Kenya seeks to fill the vacancy as detailed below. Suitably qualified Kenyans are invited to apply.
Deputy Executive Director
Overall Purposes of the Job
- To deputize the Executive Director in the development of strategic direction of the organization.
- To deputize the Executive Director in the provision of leadership and management of ICJ Kenya operations.
- To assist the Executive Director in the development of concrete interventions in discharging ICJ Kenya’s mandate.
- Initiate policy proposals for consideration by Council
- Raise funds and negotiate grants
- Liaise with Government, NGOs and International agencies on matters touching on ICJ Kenya’s mandate
- Act as Secretary to the Council and the Executive Committee
- Act as an official spokesperson and PR officer for the Organization (under the delegation of the Executive
Director or direction from Council.
- Initiate, prepare and promote membership activities.
- Take overall responsibility for the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Lead a team of professionals and support staff at the Secretariat.
- Ensure all legal obligations of ICJ Kenya are fulfilled.
- To work with the Programme Management Team in designing strategic goals and objectives
- Represent the organization at human rights meetings and conferences where designated to do so.
- To maintain close and constructive relationships with regional partners to ensure smooth running of programmes.
- To edit donor reports and grant proposals to ensure consistency and adherence to donor guidelines.
- LLM or its equivalent from a reputable Institution.
- LL.B from a reputable Institution.
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Posses over 5 years experience working with non – governmental organisations
- Candidates should be hard working, dynamic, self-motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal skills and good writing skills.
Qualified candidates should send in their applications to be received not later than 21st November 2012, addressed to the Executive Director at P.O. Box 59743-00200 Nairobi or email [email protected]
ICJ Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
60 total views, 1 today