Position: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Kenya
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duty Station: Nairobi with frequent field travel
Closing date: May 24, 2012
Food for the Hungry (FH) is an international Christian humanitarian organization working to alleviate all forms of human poverty. FH is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands- Improving Resilience project in Kenya.
The goal of the project is to reduce hunger and poverty, increase social stability and build strong foundations for economic growth by strengthening social, economic and environmental resilience in pastoral and transitioning communities in Kenya’s arid lands.
The project has six interlinked objectives:
1) increasing livelihood opportunities;
2) advancing value chain inclusiveness;
3) improved management and productivity of natural resources;
4) managing and resolving conflicts;
5) managing and reducing disaster risk;
6) reducing nutritional vulnerability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The DCOP will assist the COP in general oversight of the project including programmatic, technical, logistical and administrative management components in order to ensure project objectives are achieved.
In absence of the COP, the D/COP will be responsible for overall oversight of the project.
In close conjunction with the M&E and Learning and Sharing coordinators, the DCOP will oversee M&E and learning functions, ensuring effective monitoring, quality reporting, and documentation of best practices and lessons to share with partners and influence policy and practice.
- At least seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing development programs in Kenya or in the Horn of Africa.
- At least three (3) years of professional work experience in pastoral related activities; livestock marketing, production, natural resource management, and animal health services.
- USAID management experience with knowledge of programmatic, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Experience in value chain development, facilitation, agribusiness, conflict mitigation and DRR is an added advantage.
Education Requirements: The minimum qualifications for the DCOP candidate will include a Master’s degree in international development, livestock, agriculture, economics, or related field of study or 3 years equivalent of additional relevant work experience.
This position is contingent upon availability of funding.
Please note, application submission prior to the closing date is highly encouraged given the short time frame for processing all applicants.
Competent candidates can submit their applications with their CVs plus day time telephone contacts to:
Human Resource & Admin Manager
Food for the Hungry – Kenya office
PO Box 14978 – 00800 Nairobi.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
79 total views, 1 today