Database Administrator Job Vacancy in Kenya
Position: Database Administrator
Our Client is in the steel manufacturing industry and offers technical and equipment support to the construction industry.
The primary function will be to evolve and support interfaces and act as an Oracle DBA.
Secondary function would be to support other functions of IT within the organizations and come up solutions and plans for the future.
· Utilize strong architecture and integration background in developing middleware solutions
· Develop, tests, install scripts/jobs in support of application and data warehouse development activities
· Creates scripts and monitoring mechanisms.
· Ensure all interfaces are performing as expected and proactively monitors through alerts and notifications.
· Participates in high level design activities and be an expert on the field of integration and ETL
· Relational Database Development and Management
· Perform database design and implementation
· Perform data modeling efforts for Oracle-based data projects.
· Perform application tuning and performance monitoring.
· Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
· Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams
· Develop, tests, installs PL/SQL scripts in support of application and data warehouse development activities
· Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
· Stays abreast of latest technology in area of expertise and disseminate relevant information to others in the department.
· Work on personal development through training, seeking out mentors, and working to strengthen and gain new skills.
Education, Training, Professional Certification:
· Relevant Degree (preferably in a technical field such as computer science, engineering, management information systems).
· 7 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
· Oracle Database development and management
· Data modeling for large, Oracle-based data warehouse initiatives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills: clear, concise, accurate, and articulate.
· Independent problem solving abilities; analytical skills.
Technical / Analysis Skills
· Understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
· A good understanding of the underlying operating system
· Knowledge of logical and physical database design
· Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
· Experience with one or more of the following technologies preferred (Oracle 10g, 11g Database & Application Server, HP-UX, Java)
· Expertise in interfacing / integrating business applications.
· Proficient with applicable desktop tools (e.g. MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word,
· Access, Power Point, Business Objects).
· Familiar with applicable development environment(s), tools, and methods.
· Can create and conduct a test plan that minimizes change and implementations risks.
· Expert at support and resolving applications related issues in his/her area of responsibility.
Project Management Skills
· Can develop detailed project plans with task assignments, estimates, level resources, and manage a plan throughout the project life cycle.
· Can track and meet deadlines, manage resources.
· Ability to work within a team or lead a team with diverse backgrounds, skills sets, and levels of knowledge.
· Can manage transition of solutions to support center
· Can complete documentation to standard
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
26 total views, 1 today