Data Officer Job Vacancy in Eldoret Kenya
The programs aim to appropriately empower Kenyan youth (18-35yrs) to be agents of positive change and strengthen their socio-economic opportunities through youth-led and youth managed approach.
Reports Directly To: M&E Specialist
Works Directly With: Program Coordinators, Program Officers, Youth Development Coordinators, Logistics, Finance and Procurement
- The DO will assist in the revision and improvement of M&E data collection tools to ensure accuracy in data collection
- Lead data collection and entry together with LEAP, YYC and WU field teams
- Ensure that program data from field sites has been verified and entered in the respective programmatic databases in a timely manner, correctly and accurately ready for analysis and Reports generation.
- Assist in data cleaning, aggregation and basic data analysis as directed by the M&E Specialist
- Together with the M&E specialist develop data or research ownership and protocol documents for both internal and external project teams.
- Maintaining all programs data base for information extraction when required
- Other duties as may be assigned by the M&E Specialist
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics with IT, Management information systems, Agriculture Economics, Economics or other related social sciences.
- At least 2 – 3 years experience in large and multiple data set management
- Strong computer skills: on Ms Office applications especially Ms Word, Ms Excel and Ms Access.
- Basic knowledge of data entry and analysis packages: SPSS, Epi Info etc
- Able to explore, describe and clearly present both quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong knowledge of data base development and data flow management
- Must demonstrate interest in quantitative and qualitative research data handling
- Experience conducting interviews and FGDs
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal, cultural and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and team-building techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated strong understanding of cultural and social environment in the Rift Valley
- Willing to work with the youth and travel in remote areas of Rift Valley
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people driven by Mercy Corps vision
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other project personnel
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Willing to work under pressure
- Proactive, creative, problem-solver
Applicants must clearly indicate on the email subject; “Application for the position of “Data Officer”.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
88 total views, 1 today