Current UN Jobs 2012 – 7 Positions (UNDP)
BackgroundKenya is getting ready to hold its fifth successive elections since the re-introduction of multiparty politics in 1991.The coming elections will be held under a different political, social, economic and legal context.
The elections will be held against the backdrop of electoral reform carried out after the disputed 2007 elections and a new constitutional dispensation.
While the former awakened national consciousness for far-reaching governance reforms, the latter marks the beginning of governance transformation in Kenya.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) together with other development partners have established a framework of assistance (“the Project”) to the Government of Kenya and more specifically, the Independent Electoral and Boundaries (IEBC) whose overall aim is to enhance the capacity of the IEBC towards the management of free, fair and credible elections in Kenya.
The project focuses on the following four main components: institutional strengthening of the IEBC, electoral operations and processes, civic participation and engagement and project management and coordination.
The project is funded by various development partners and coordinated by UNDP as a basket-fund. The project will be implemented under the overall guiding principle of national ownership and leadership in the electoral process.
The international assistance provided should be considered as an extension of, and a complement to, national resources and is intended to support national management and coordination structures, in the spirit of the Rome and Paris Declarations.
In order to achieve the overall goal of the assistance, a Project Support Team (PST) is to be established under the project. The PST will be tasked with the daily management of the project, coordination of different actors and financing.
The PST will consist of key international/national technical officers and administrative personnel. The offices of the PST will be co-located with those of the IEBC at the Anniversary Towers, Nairobi and is expected to work as part and parcel of the broad IEBC elections coordination framework.
The PST functions will be complemented by the UNDP Country Office team responsible for electoral support. The PST will be headed by the Senior Technical Advisor (STA).
UNDP Kenya therefore wishes to invite applications for the following positions:
1) Project Management Specialist.
2) Conflict Prevention Specialist.
3) Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
4) Procurement Officer.
5) Finance Officer.
6) Project Assistants (2 Positions).
Project Management Specialist
The Project Management Specialist will provide organizational, coordination and managerial support for the project.
She/he will ensure the strategic direction of project operations and coordinate the operational activities of the Project Team, assess work plans and monitor outputs.
- Master’s Degree in project management, public policy, law, political science, business administration, public administration or related field.
- Certification in UNDP programmes Prince 2 will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in programme/project management in a governance related field.
- Elections related experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with project teams and knowledge of project cycle management.
- Experience with electoral processes and election management preferred.
- Sound knowledge of organizational management, asset management, information and communication technology, administration, financial and human resources management, preferably with the UN/UNDP.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in conflict management, economics, political science, sociology, international relations, anthropology, public administration, development studies or other relevant fields.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in conflict prevention and peace building, including relevant field experience, especially in crisis or post-conflict settings, and in conflict sensitive programming.
- Demonstrated analytical capacity of conflict issues and how it relates to elections.
- Deep knowledge of electoral politics in Kenya, challenges and opportunities.
- Specific expertise in facilitating multi-stakeholder national and local dialogue processes would be an asset.
- Experience of working in teams and complex organizational environment.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects.
- A Masters Degree preferably with major in Management, Statistics, Public Administration or related social science.
- At least 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation in development project activities, preferably in donor supported projects;
- Strong research background.
- Excellent ICT and computer skills especial knowledge on SPSS will be an added advantage;
- Experience with project management would be considered an asset;
- Solid experience in establishing relations and working with donors and other development partners;
- A Masters degree in business administration, economic policy, finance, public administration, procurement or a related field with at least three years’ experience. A bachelor’s degree with at least five years of relevant work experience will also be considered in lieu of the Masters degree.
- Additional professional training in procurement and supplies management is a requirement and they must be conversant with all relevant regulations pertaining to procurement.
- Proven knowledge of procurement procedures either of government, or a multilateral or bilateral organization.
- Extensive experience with procurement management in donor funded projects.
- Experience working with the Government of Kenya would be an added advantage.
- Experience with election related activities would be an added advantage.
- A Masters degree in accounting, finance or business administration, and a professional certification in finance and accounting.
- A first degree with full CPA-K or ACCA qualifications will also be considered in lieu of the Masters Degree.
- Must have at least 3 years relevant professional experience in financial management (budgeting, accounting, auditing).
- Extensive experience with financial management of donor funded projects.
- Experience from working with Government of Kenya would be an added advantage.
- Experience with election related activities would be an added advantage.
- Diploma in business or public administration, financial management, social science or other relevant fields.
- A Bachelors Degree in business or public administration, financial management, social science or other relevant fields supplemented by training in administrative procedures would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience providing administrative support to programme management.
- Experience in working with election programmes would be an asset.
Select “e-Recruitment Portal” under “Operations/Human Resources”.
Applicants are required to fill and sign a Personal History Form (P11) Form and submit it together with their online application
Applications received via other means will not be accepted.
1. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
2. UNDP will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.
- IEBC Current Jobs
- government jobs
- un jobs
- accounting jobs
- iebc job vacancies in kenya
- un jobs 2012
- ICT jobs kenya
- un jobs2012
- undp kenya 2012 vacancies
- unjobs in kenya april 2012
- UN Driver jobs in kenya June 2012
- UN JOB VACANCIES IN KENYA FOR JUNE 2012
- undp job vacancies 2012
- UNDP IEBC
- un jobs 2012 june nairobi
- un vacancies kenya june 2012
- UN jobs-2012
- united nations driver job vacancies in kenya
- Un kenya jobs2012
- UNHCR LOGISTICS JOBS JUNE 2012 NBI KENYA
- brightermonday jobs vacancies kenya
- Current job positions with IEBC kenya
- current jobs in kenya for sociologists june
- current social work jobs in nairobi 2012
- current un jobs in nairobi
- graduate management trainee jobs2012 - kenya
- human resource
- IEBC current vacancies for 2012 in Nairobi
- information technology
- jobs UN
- kenyan sociologist jobs 2012
- latest jobs kenya 2012
- Latest u n jobs driver
- assistant researcher
81 total views, 1 today