Current Marketing Assistant Job in Arusha Tanzania
Our client is a membership society that raises funds to support regional outreach programmes that is geared towards communities that do not have access to healthcare.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated individual to fill the position of a Marketing Assistant in their Arusha, Tanzania operations.
Job Purpose: Contribute to the fundraising objective of company through the selling and renewals of membership
product (s) as per set targets and building client relationships.
· With guidance from the Marketing Officer and in line with the strategic plan, prepare operational plans for membership sales; including setting targets, mapping recruitment activities, budgeting.
· Implement membership recruitment activities as per plan; this will include planning and executing membership drives and member activities aimed at creating awareness, boosting sales and raising the Society’s profile.
· With the guidance of the Marketing Officer, develop and implement a membership retention programme and monitor its effectiveness.
· Ensure there is adequate supply of membership information including flyers, application forms at all key recruitment locations.
· Collect information on customer needs from existing and potential members, comments/complaints from members, informal research and make recommendations/proposals to address them; this may lead to new product development.
· Prepare periodic reports such as new membership recruitment reports, attrition reports, trend analysis etc as required for decision making and reporting.
· Prospect for sales by identifying potential clients, following up to make appointments and making presentations.
· Close sales deals, collect completed forms and payments.
· Follow up current members to secure renewals.
· Ensure service delivery to the recruited members such as the delivery of their membership cards, their queries are answered.
· ‘O’ Level or equivalent.
· Diploma in Sales and Marketing.
· Experience of 1 year in sales as well as NGO exposure.
· Customer service experience.
· Must be of Tanzanian nationality.
· Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills.
· Strong follow up skills.
· Self-drive, strong and outgoing personality.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Friday 3rd February 2012 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.
25 total views, 1 today