Creative Manager Latest Jobs in Kenya 2011
The company has launched a large-scale, franchise-like network of ultra low-cost, for-profit private primary schools in Kenya, and will expand across Africa. The schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month. Local school managers are able to operate their school businesses profitably, while creating a highly successful business at the central level.
This ensures that the school is not dependent on the vagaries of donor funding, but will rather continue to serve the communities as long as parents value the educational service we provide. To ensure the delivery of high quality education, Bridge International writes its own curriculum using Direct Instruction methodology. They also train and support their own teachers.
Bridge have already launched the first 12 schools in their network in the slums of Nairobi with tremendous success, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million families in Africa.
The Creative Manager oversees creative and art direction for the numerous curriculum products that BIA develops and publishes for its teachers and children. These curriculum products include a wide range of student reading books, student consumables, and teacher handbooks. This individual serves as creative lead in creating BIA’s brand as a world-class educational content provider.
This position requires an experienced, creative and motivated individual to provide leadership to a talented team of contracted designers, writers and artists, must demonstrate seasoned negotiation skills in creative and style execution and maintain a collaborative spirit in working with direct reports, peers and supervisors.
This person is directly accountable for all creative developed for Bridge International Academies and for managing multiple teams virtually, with varied skills and expertise, focused on multiple products ranging in scope and budget.
This individual understands creative storytelling, is a conceptual problem-solver with high-end design skills. They should be able to lead, motivate and mentor contractors, create new ideas and define and establish new processes and guidelines which provide benefit to the products.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Creative Supervision – Internal and External; Mentor and lead art direction and creative development for team of contractors
- Ensure world class development and production of educational materials
- Create Style Guidelines and Artistic Standards
- Monitor individual performance to best utilize each creative team member’s core discipline appropriately to achieve maximum efficiencies and quality standards
- Partner with the Head of curriculum on quality control, resource allocation and tracking, project management, and documentation and training
- Lead creative development of prototypes, creative resourcing, and testing new products
All applicants must submit a link to their online portfolio within their resume. Resumes without a portfolio will not be considered.
Applicants should have strong leadership skills in both the managerial and creative arenas.
Solid understanding of content packaging, graphic design, layout, user interface, and basic design theories are essential.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Film, Fine Arts, Art, or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in publishing properties
- Ability to allocate resources across multiple projects and oversee work-in-progress in a virtual environment to meet business objectives
- Strong understanding of user-interface and user experience for print products
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Broad familiarity with educational print content aimed at preschool, kids, teens, and family audiences a plus
- An affinity and understanding of Bridge International Academies and the ability to meet the company’s high creative standards
- Must have proven hands-on MS Office, Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator expertise
- Must be versatile with skills ranging from traditional illustration, design, and print
- Must be adaptable to changing technology and restrictions, creative challenges, deadlines, designing under constraints, and project requirements
Please send all applications to: Recruitment@dpckenya.com
58 total views, 1 today