Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “the Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
Manager, Cost Management
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration Division, the job-holder will champion management of costs, review various expenditure lines and give alternative ways of doing the same that will be more efficient and optimize costs.
In addition, the incumbent will provide relevant business and industry analysis to assist/evaluate performance of business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· In-depth analysis of key drivers of costs and identify strategies manage costs
· Undertake site performance analysis and identify areas that need to change
· Drive all cost management initiatives from various business units
· Ensure ROI for all assets/ investment categories are properly defined and enhanced to drive returns for capital investments
· Prepare monthly cost reports and understand causes of variances against envisaged project benefits and propose remedial actions
· Assist project owners in economically evaluating the business benefits of new projects
· Ensure that all Business cases are properly validated on a timely basis
· Manage and track post project implementation to ensure returns as anticipated during project formulation are achieved
· Proactively consider business’ revenue potential, identify any variance and recommend remedial action
· Periodically evaluate the various performance measurement processes and suggest any improvements
· Contribute to the budgeting process and ensure that all Divisions are held accountable for costs/initiatives
· Develop and maintain partnerships with internal management stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Commerce and CPA (K)
· MBA /CFA will be an added advantage
· Registered member of a recognized professional body(ies)
· Knowledge in Cost Management structures
· Good Computer skills
· A minimum of four (4) years experience in Cost Management/Business Performance Analysis at a senior level
Personal Attributes & Skills required in undertaking the role
· Good Business knowledge and awareness
· Strong analytical & problem solving skills
· Good Cost management skills
· Strong Financial analytical skills
· Good Interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication & presentation skills
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed curriculum vitae accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown below by 17th August 2012.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only the successful candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: MCM/3/HRD/2012
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100
45 total views, 1 today