Construction Manager NGO Job in Western Kenya
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location:Western Kenya
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Salary: 20-30,000 Ksh/month (based on performance)
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In five years, we have grown to serve 70,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sublocations and districts we work in each year. We are seeking individuals to manage the various complex Construction and Maintenance functions of the organization – including large scale residential construction projects.
You will be in charge of maintaining our current sites to the highest level using your carefully crafted team of professionals (electricians, plumbers) and making upgrades as necessary.
Primary Duties of Construction Manager
- Design and project manage new construction projects.
- Labor Management (Strict and Firm) – Directly supervise all contractors and tradesmen on all project job sites under his direction
- Site Maintenance – Ensure proper maintenance of all sites including creating weekly and monthly checklist systems.
- Manage regular maintenance staff.
- Quality Control – Ensure projects are of the highest possible quality.
- Create tight and honest budgets.
- Work to strict deadlines
- Updating budgets and schedules weekly. Recording actual costs.
- Creating project schedules/work plans
- Improve upon and develop new tracking tools, task management, and ways to reduce cost whilst improving quality of construction and maintenance.
- Weekly Project Update Meeting with Supervisor.
- Manage the grounds keeping staff
- Miscellaneous – Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in developing its staff. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular performance reviews.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with at least 5 years of work experience in construction management with 3 years leadership experience role.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive, organized and committed. Please only apply if you fit these criteria:
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required:
- A Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering or Building and Construction or other relevant field from recognized college and universities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction management with minimum 3 years’ experience as a manager in a senior leadership position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with regard to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on construction and maintenance projects.
- Master of generally accepted construction techniques.
- High attention to detail with regards to quality
- Extremely organized – ability to multitask and work on several projects simultaneously according to priority level
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Hard working (willing to put in time outside of normal working hours)
- Creative problem solver
- Independent and motivated
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent communication
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and landscaping preferred
- Proficiency in computing, data, budgets and IT.
- Fluency in English essential
- Must be based in Bungoma, Kenya or willing to travel/relocate.
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by August 9th 2012
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and small transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
- Cover letter (essential)
- Project portfolio of any recent projects you have managed and completed. Include any pictures,bugdets and work plans (highly desirable) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Construction Manager + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.
38 total views, 1 today