Compliance Manager Job At GSK in Kenya
Compliance Manager East Africa – Consumer Healthcare
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
We research, develop, produce and market vaccines and medicines to target unmet medical needs.
We have three primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare.
Through our Consumer Healthcare business, we market a range of consumer health products based on scientific innovation.
We have leading positions in four main categories: oral health, nutritionals, wellness and skin health.
In these areas we have a number of well known brands including Sensodyne, Panadol and Lucozade.
We are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to join our Consumer Healthcare Division (CH Division).
The Compliance Manager will ensure support in development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture in the East Africa business.
The role will also ensure that a sound system of internal controls and legal compliance are in place within the East Africa operating units in line with Corporate and Consumer Healthcare requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing early and proactively identifying risks affecting East Africa CH in aspects of their strategies and activities
- Ensuring the risk management framework is operational in East Africa including identification, prioritisation and mitigation of significant risks
- Making sure proper internal controls are in place by independently assessing the framework and ensuring that appropriate standards are in place governing high risk business activities
- Providing input to the annual and ongoing compliance objectives for East Africa line and functional management based on direction provided by Area Management
- Implementing a training programme for all CH staff and initiate a communication plan that ensures a clear understanding of compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business
- Making certain that there is compliance with all relevant data protection and data privacy laws in East Africa operating units
- Implementing effective processes for the investigation of identified instances of non compliance or misconduct and recommend remedial action in all cases
- Chairing the East Africa countries Risk Management and Compliance Board on behalf of the CH General Manager and advising senior leaders on risks associated with emerging business strategies and pragmatic options for risk mitigation
- Support and advise the operating units on preparations required for internal audits. Review audit findings with line management, support implementation of recommendations or remedial actions and provide reports on implementation to the General Manager
- Ensuring an adequate level 2 audit (Back End Monitoring) is conducted and that issues of improvement identified are escalated to the General Manager, departmental heads and the Area Risk and Compliance Head
The prospective candidate will be an undergraduate within a professional field such as Finance, Legal, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine or Pharmacy.
They will have a minimum of five years working experience within a managerial role, prior experience within a compliance role being an added advantage.
The potential candidate will have a good understanding of business processes and how the processes integrate at entity level.
The candidate will have strong leadership capability and the ability to harness the commitment and contribution of team members outside of their direct span of control.
They will have a sound track record in providing a high degree of reliance, accountability, value-added consultation and support to senior business leaders and other support functions.
Some of the skills that the candidate will posses include: strong analytical skills, sound judgement with an inate ability to get the root cause of an issue and propose practical solutions, high level of consultation and negotiation skills at senior level, strong collaboration and communication skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive compliance issues.
Interested candidates should apply stating their overall suitability for the position together with a detailed CV that clearly addresses the ability to perform the key responsibilities to:
The application deadline is 16th November 2012
The application deadline is 16th November 2012
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
91 total views, 1 today