Coffee Specialist Consultant
Frank Management Consult Limited is urgently looking for qualified consultant to undertake an international assignment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Using participatory approach to improve the coffee production chain activities such as seedling preparation, planting, plantations maintenance (mulching, pruning, fertilizer and pesticide application), harvesting processing and marketing.
To enhance and improve the IPM and intercropping package implementation
To increase the production and quality of fully washed coffee,
To ensure the use of farm inputs and mobilize coffee cooperative farmers to own and avail the appropriate and affordable required input to their members.
To raise technical and management competences of coffee cooperatives through regular and sustainable access to services by building successful experiences;
Mobilize farmers to extend coffee areas by expanding coffee plantations, converting uncultivated land or part of existing farms into coffee plantations.
To target more remunerative markets that can reward higher quality and ensure equitable returns to farmers
Develop capacities of coffee cooperative and members to evaluate and monitor their activities related to coffee value chain development;
A clear gay analysis highlighting the various problems hampering coffee production in the areas of interest,
Identification of the main constraints affecting the post-harvest level of coffee
A successful ToT organization on a season long model for coffee:
A rapid Farmer Field Schools implementation reaching the targeted figures of beneficiaries,
Development of a training curriculum taking into account the various problems limiting the level of incomes at the farmers’ level for coffee producers,
Setting up a clear and suitable strategy for coffee pest and disease control
An acceptable coffee techniques , implementation and dissemination,
An acceptable set of modules with a clear methodology including their implementation plan; feasibility respecting time frame of different activities period.
An acceptable coffee good agricultural practices and its implementation,
Processing and quality improvement activities
Processing and quality improvement activities;
Good coffee cooperative management and marketing;
Qualifications and Experience
- Specialist must have education in agricultural sciences with over 10 years practical experience in coffee nursery preparation to harvesting
- The specialist must have proved practical experience as Master Trainers in coffee
- Practical experience in developing framers field schools and ToT activities in coffee with a special focus on implementing appropriate agronomic practices for the commodity of interest coffee).
- Experience in improving old coffee plantations through the use of appropriate agronomic practices and expansion through the FFS approach,
- Practical framers field schools and ToT experiences in coffee under African conditions or any other tropical region with similar conditions,
- Conversant in English and Swahili.
- Ability to travel for long distances especially in rural areas.
- Ability to practically demonstrate training activities in the field in front of trainees farmers by doing hands-on,
- Expertise in touching the post-harvest issues related to coffee, proven experience in setting up and managing farmer field schools systems for small farmers in rural areas of East African Countries will be an advantage.
- Holder of Executive Training Management Certificate
- Experience in setting up IPM methods to control pests and diseases in coffee.
- At least 10 years’ experience in conducting ToT and FFS implementation in perennial crops.
- High expertise in High expertise in High expertise in FFS methodology on various tropical commodities and long experience in conducting ToT sessions through development of training curricula.
- Methodology on various tropical commodities and long experience in conducting ToT sessions through development of training curricula.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, urgently send your cv to quoting your current salary, expected and your availability.
Please do not apply if you do not meet all the requirement;
Frank Management Consult Limited
Nyaku House, 1st Floor
Frank Management Consult Ltd
Nyaku House,1st Floor,
Argwings Kodhek Road,Hurlingham.