Coffee Board of Kenya in Nairobi Legal Officer Jobs 2011
Legal Officer at Coffee Board of Kenya in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Coffee Board of Kenya, a State Corporation mandated to promote competitiveness in the production, processing and branding of Kenya coffee at local and international level and to regulate the Coffee Industry in the public interest, seeks to recruit a self motivated, dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the following vacancy:
LEGAL OFFICER CBK 11 (1 POSITION) – REF.CBK/11/08/2011
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Legal Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing Legal advise to the Board
- Handling all Board related security documents including bank guarantees.
- Preparing all legal instruments including agreements, Contracts etc.
- Dissemination of information to stakeholders on operating legal framework.
- Ensuring proper management and custody of Board’s legal instruments
- Recording of proceedings for Board meetings.
- Advise on review of the legal framework as necessary.
- Supervise and coordinate all litigation against or for the Board.
- Issuance of Coffee Trade Licences.
- A degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- A diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law and must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Must be a holder of Certified Public Secretaries (K) Certificate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations.
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in a reputable organization.
- A post graduate qualification in Public Relations from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the above position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their applications quoting the reference on the envelope, accompanied by a detailed CV with three referees and daytime telephone contacts, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, current and expected remuneration. The application should reach the undersigned on or before 9th September 2011.
The Managing Director
Coffee Board of Kenya
P. O. Box 30566-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Coffee Board of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer
35 total views, 1 today