Co-operative Bank of Kenya Job Careers 2011
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “the Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of:
The role-holder will expected to prepare bills of quantities for the bank’s projects and advise the department on the cost estimates for the designed projects for the bank.
* Make budgetary recommendations for construction, refurbishment or leasing of premises
* Develop cost estimates for the upcoming bank projects
* Prepare contractual documents for the various projects as guided by The Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (Chapter 525) to be signed by all the parties i.e. the bank, contractor etc.
* Prepare blank bills of quantities for tendering which will be given to the contractors for tenders
* Prepare analysis of the tenders after opening of the tender documents i.e. for the projects which are handled in-house where no external Quantity Surveyor is involved.
* Review bills of quantities prepared by the consultants for projects which are being supervised by external consultants to ensure they are cost effective for the bank
* Process project payments for consultants and contractors
* Carry out financial appraisal of projects on regular basis to ensure they conform to the approved amounts
* Carry out site re-measurements to reconfirm the actual financial positions for a project on completion of the same.
* Control Capital Expenditure for projects ensuring that they are within agreed budget
* Develop annual and half-yearly capital budgets in respect to construction projects
The incumbent will be required to possess the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
* A Degree in Building Economics
* At least 2 years experience in general property management.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations as stipulated in the Law.
* Good understanding of the contract & land law, and arbitration related to building construction.
* Good understanding of project analysis and viability
* Travelling to distant branches when required (Must have a valid driving licence)
* Potential extended working hours to ensure jobs get completed on schedule and to specification
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown below by 5th July 2011.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: QS/3/HRD/2011
The Director — Human Resources Division
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd
P.O. Box 48231-00100
- cooperative bank of kenya
- Co-operative bank of kenya
- co-operative bank
- CO-OPERATIVE BANK KENYA CAREERS
- Co Operative Bank Careers
- Kenya coop bank jobs june 2012
- cooperative bank graduate trainees 2012
- co-operativebank co uk-kenya-careers
- co operative bank kenya careers
- latest kenyan jobs in human resource management in coparative bank in kenya
77 total views, 1 today